Looking ahead to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 654622

D
Yeah we're on the same page.
Its unfortunate but I think because of how big the rebuild is, that time is next year at the earliest. But with the talent level of some of these 2019s, they could force their way onto the field too, and maybe 2020 is that first year.
Your scenario is definitely the most ideal though. We need to have guys who are physically developed. That redshirt year is huge for that.

:thumb:

Yeah we're on the same page.

Its unfortunate but I think because of how big the rebuild is, that time is next year at the earliest. But with the talent level of some of these 2019s, they could force their way onto the field too, and maybe 2020 is that first year.

Your scenario is definitely the most ideal though. We need to have guys who are physically developed. That redshirt year is huge for that.

If we bring in players like a beasons and Williams, we will not be redshirting them. Probably for a long time

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I know absolutely nothing about Maryland's football team except that they are a couple years ahead of us in the facility build, and they already have their own Isaiah Williams at QB. If he stays healthy this year, I am intrigued to see just how many more wins they get. I see them being a pretty good program in the next 2 years

They've seen a bump in their recruiting that Illinois is hoping to replicate....

2015: 47
2016: 41
2017: 18
2018: 28

.....but they've been ravaged by injuries the last couple of years, especially at QB. They'll be hoping to turn the corner this year (with a long way to climb out of the B1G East).

Status
Not open for further replies.