Looking ahead to 2019

Rockford, Illinois
Charges against UI football player Olalere Oladipo dismissed

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2018-12-04/charges-against-ui-football-player-dismissed.html

A Champaign County prosecutor Tuesday dismissed domestic-battery charges against a University of Illinois football player.

Assistant State's Attorney Brooke Hinman said she dismissed three misdemeanor counts against Olalere Oladipo, 20, after both the alleged victim and a witness who called police changed their stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where to put this, so please move to where it belong, Dan, but from today’s News Gazette,
Charges against UI football player dismissed
Tue, 12/04/2018 - 11:36am | Mary Schenk

Photo by: Holly Hart
Lere Oladipo. University of Illinois Football Media Day, Sunday, July 30, 2017 at Memorial Stadium.

URBANA — A Champaign County prosecutor Tuesday dismissed domestic battery charges against a University of Illinois football player.
Assistant State's Attorney Brooke Hinman said she dismissed three misdemeanor counts against Olalere Oladipo, 20, after both the alleged victim and a witness who called police changed their stories.
AWESOME! His mug shot made me feel so bad for him, not knowing any of the details of course. This makes me smile

Must sweep the non-conference schedule and defeat Minnesota (road) and Rutgers (home). After that, have to win one more as a minimum, two more to appease the masses.

Yes, I think Purdue will be ripe to be beaten, but they are built by transfers, so we will have to wait to see who they get and how it looks. If that was a home game, I would be inclined to include that in the win column
Brohm is a good offensive coach and the freshman wr that killed us is back..plus some around indy think purdue will get david bell, an all american receiver from warren central. We will have to make a large step up to beat Purdue.

Brohm is a good offensive coach and the freshman wr that killed us is back..plus some around indy think purdue will get david bell, an all american receiver from warren central. We will have to make a large step up to beat Purdue.
It's going to take some heavy lifting for Brohm to come close to last year on offense. 8 of the 10 lineman on the 2 deep are gone. They have a large recruiting class so I wouldn't expect much transfer help as in the past 2 seasons.

They are giving up too much firepower to have such a strong offense next season. I’m sure they will be good, but I think some improvement on defense and offense will make us competitive against Purdue

Until they show me something, anything frankly, to make me think we have a competent solid team I can’t see any more than 4 wins on that schedule.

I think projecting us to beat any B1G team other than Rutgers is fantasyland.

Until they show me something, anything frankly, to make me think we have a competent solid team I can’t see any more than 4 wins on that schedule.

I think projecting us to beat any B1G team other than Rutgers is fantasyland.
We won two games this year, why would you think we couldn’t beat those same teams next year?