Looking ahead to 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is preferred -- one more year of Ayo or two/three years of Miller?

I believe it was Ryan Baker recently on Saturday Sports Talk telling Steve/Loren that one of the two two transfers sitting out this season is an absolute lock to start next year. He's been playing "lights out" in practices and is a dead-eye from long range. He refused to divulge which of the two it was.

It is Grandison. Early reports are that he will start at the 4.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
My updated lineup......

5 Kofi / Georgi
4 Williams / BBV
3 Griffin / Grandison
2 Ayo / Miller
1 Frasier / Curbelo

Minimal playing time for Hutcherson, Hamlin and Hawkins.

I assume Tevian will transfer. And if Ayo goes to the NBA, we'll be able to take one new transfer. And I believe Miller and Curbelo are going to play significant minutes. Further good news = only Frasier and DMW will be seniors!

One caveat, he could easily play himself into the middle or even upper part of the first round simply over the next 3 weeks right?

Yes and if he does, then we will be a very happy fanbase.

My updated lineup......

5 Kofi / Georgi
4 Williams / BBV
3 Griffin / Grandison
2 Ayo / Miller
1 Frasier / Curbelo

I assume Tevian will transfer. And if Ayo goes to the NBA, we'll be able to take one new transfer. And I believe Miller and Curbelo are going to play significant minutes. Further good news = only Frasier and DMW will be seniors!
I hope that we have improved enough at the 4 that a 6'3'' DMW isnt playing at the 4 at all. This requires so much help from Kofi annd often draws him away from his man and the glass. DMW plays hard and did ok but he required a lot of help from Kofi that limited Kofi on the glass and gave opponents extra possessions. I hope and feel DMW has found his shot for good and will be a solid contributor at the 3. This is more of what i expect with Ayo stays and if he goes then more Hutch

5- Kofi-GB
4- Grandison-BBV/ GB
3-AG/DMW/Hutch/Grandison
2-Ayo/Miller/Hutch
1- Trent/AC/ Hutch

Not going to look ahead Remember what Yoda said about Luke staying in the present? Sage advise, go Illini!

If DMW becomes a consistent 33%ish 3pt shooter, I believe he's gonna complicate the rotation, in a good way. He's hitting like 50% of his open shots since the MD game--all we could ask for and more. If Fraizer can't turn his shooting around next year, I could easily see him fall out of favor. I wouldn't bet a penny on that, but there's going to be more pure talent on this team next year than we've had in a decade.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
My updated lineup......

5 Kofi / Georgi
4 Williams / BBV
3 Griffin / Grandison
2 Ayo / Miller
1 Frasier / Curbelo

That second team would be the champion team in a lot of conferences.

Still thinking Ayo gone along with Tevian.
Kofi/Giorgi
Grandison/Giorgi/BBV
DaMonte/Alan
Miller/Hutch
Trent/Curbelo
Leaves Jermaine, Hawkins, and a player to be named which is a lot of size in reserve and could be wrong about their development. Just hope the chemistry comes quicker than this year to avoid the bad losses.

sacraig

The desert
My updated lineup......

5 Kofi / Georgi
4 Williams / BBV
3 Griffin / Grandison
2 Ayo / Miller
1 Frasier / Curbelo

1. Giorgi

This is Frasier:
Frasier_Crane_at_KACL_radio_station.png

This is Frazier:
Frazier_Trent_Headshot_082519_2MJ0237.JPG

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Still thinking Ayo gone along with Tevian.
Kofi/Giorgi
Grandison/Giorgi/BBV
DaMonte/Alan
Miller/Hutch
Trent/Curbelo
Leaves Jermaine, Hawkins, and a player to be named which is a lot of size in reserve and could be wrong about their development. Just hope the chemistry comes quicker than this year to avoid the bad losses.
Hoping this squad can finally end our streak of 7 consecutive years without an NCAA appearance. And I'd have to say that Underwood will now be in a "must win" situation having gone zero for his first three.

I assume Ayo will be gone, so I will think outside the box and say Curbelo ends up starting by the end of the season.

Curbello
TF
Miller
AG
Kofi

Frazier not a starter for me.

That actually feels like a hot take, but may be closer to reality than people will tell you. I still think his game management/knowledge and defense will keep his starting position but in regards to how the offense looks, Curbelo would be a better option.

Regardless I am sure Ayo goes to the draft and our line up:
Curbelo
Frazier
Miller
DW (although we need a different option to be a great team... maybe Grandison)
KC

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
That actually feels like a hot take, but may be closer to reality than people will tell you. I still think his game management/knowledge and defense will keep his starting position but in regards to how the offense looks, Curbelo would be a better option.

Regardless I am sure Ayo goes to the draft and our line up:
Curbelo
Frazier
Miller
DW (although we need a different option to be a great team... maybe Grandison)
KC

I think it's going to be Grandison. But agree w/everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.