Looking ahead to 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ncaa football will be played this year, Ncaa basketball will be played this year, the only i repeat only question will fans be allowed in

I think a lot of that is going to depend on what level you're talking about and where you're talking about it. In places like the southeast where the virus is not expected to hit as hard, I could see SEC games and at schools in that part of the country being played with fans. I could see certain FCS schools, especially those that don't normally draw a large crowd anyway like at least a few in this state, holding games with fans there.

Kofi is not going anywhere.
Hope you know something we don’t as he is critical to next season IMO. We just don’t have any frontcourt depth that is anywhere near comparable.

Hope you know something we don’t as he is critical to next season IMO. We just don’t have any frontcourt depth that is anywhere near comparable.
You don't know that none of the draft projections have Kofi being drafted? In any case, you certainly realize the NBA hasn't much if any use for guys with no outside game.

Name the last D1 program to have three lefties in the starting lineup?

Brad looked like a cat that just got out of the bird house! He has something big up his sleeve! Loved his confidence

You don't know that none of the draft projections have Kofi being drafted? In any case, you certainly realize the NBA hasn't much if any use for guys with no outside game.
Yeah, I wasn’t worried until he declared as It didn’t seem to be a plausible option. Now I worry. It doesn’t seem to be a worry for Brad, at least there was no indication in the interview when he discussed playing Kofi and Giorgi together. With Kofi back we are an excellent team although I believe we will be very different. Passing was improving last year but I think it will reach another level this year. Looking to run other teams out of the gym as opposed to single digit victories.

So, if Kofi stays and Ayo goes, which I personally think is most probable, how does everyone feel about our team next year (assuming that we get to play)? Are we a top 25 team?

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
So, if Kofi stays and Ayo goes, which I personally think is most probable, how does everyone feel about our team next year (assuming that we get to play)? Are we a top 25 team?
Absolutely, IMO. I think Trent/Miller/Kofi will ball out, and our 2 transfers will help more than some think.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I would certainly expect us to be Preseason Top 25.

Griffin, Ayo and Andre are big losses offensively, and it will take a bit to get all the new pieces flowing on that side of the floor. But defensively we should be very solid from day one. Our defense will make us good out of the gate, and the offense will come. I still think we will be projected in the Top 25 to start the season, and expect us to get better from there.

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
We will be top 25 to start the season.
No we will not. I think we’ll be a tournament team but we really need to stop overestimating our returning talent. There are a lot of teams with a lot more returning talent than us unfortunately.

Assuming Ayo gone and Kofi back we have lost 4 of the 8 man rotation and more than half of our scoring so don’t believe we will be ranked in top 25. However we have excellent replacements and still have a lot of experience. Believe Jacob will be upgrade for Kipper and Austin close to Alan. Adam and DreC will replace Ayo and Dre offensively and BU was very high on Adam’s defense. Kofi will improve both offensively and defensively. That leaves the 4 position. What will we get from Giorgi, Cole, and Ben? We need significant improvement from that position to challenge for the BIG championship. We will be a better passing team but not as good a defensive team out of the box but maybe by March?

No we will not. I think we’ll be a tournament team but we really need to stop overestimating our returning talent. There are a lot of teams with a lot more returning talent than us unfortunately.
I dont think we will be ranked starting preseason without Ayo and w Kofi, but I think we will be ranked midseason once new pieces come together. Hope We get Kofi back if he is not getting great info. Also, look forward to seeing a team with more shooting options minus Griffin. Hutch, Miller, Grandison, and Hawkins will space the floor a lot more in addition to I believe a better uptick for Frazier and a more confident Monte in his last season. Monte started to be more confident as season went along.

Status
Not open for further replies.