Looking ahead to 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me as well.

Betiku at DE, maybe a big year from Gay (since he’s youngish for his year or whatever, please be ready to break out), and then the big guy inside. would love to see a lot more pressure from the front 4. I like the depth, hopefully the RS FR guys can get some tick.

Who else could come in and really give a spark? Beason? Maybe Shammond grabs the open LB spot?

Avery, Cooper, Beason would be a guy at each level of the D.
I’ve see Betiku as a projected mid round pickup. Hope he stays

One rule in football is that turnovers are allowed. And generally speaking, the team that wins the turnover battle, tends to win the game. The notion that turnovers is not the defense stopping the other team, makes no sense. Literally, in many of our wins or near wins, we won the turnover battle, lost the yardage game and still won or had opportunities to win. And we beat good big ten teams. Our losses, generally speaking, came at points where we were missing a host of key players. I would recommend focusing on how we fill our depth, not whether our turnovers were legitimate.
Our losses were due to missing players? All Big 10 teams have injuries, its Lovies job to recruit depth. Will see if that comes to fruition next year. Never said you cant win games by winning the turnover battle. What I said was game in game out and year in and year out you cant presume to get timely turnovers to stop drives. Get a defense that creates 3 and outs not one that has the philosophy of giving up 400 yds a game and believing turnovers will bail you out. He won 4 games in a row then lost 3 in a row. Sorry if I dont have the we turned the corner optimism alot on this board do. The sample size of Lovies Big 10 record suggests cautious optimism at best for next year. I am hoping most of you are correct but proof will come in the Big 10 slate not the OOC cupcakes.

I want to clarify my comment about wanting to hire Heistand. Nothing ahah at the current OL coach. Maybe he can stay in some capacity. Maybe Heistand gets hired as more of a general coach but still works with the OL and mentors our current coach. The guy is proven. When he coached here before we had terrific offensive lines. It’s almost like when a player gets recruited over I guess. But we have to try to hire Harry! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.