Looking ahead to 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without anything crazy happening what are we looking like for starters?

Offense: Peters, Epstein, Bonner/Brown, Bebe, Smalling, Sidney, Ford, Palcho, green, Kramer, brown, Lowe.

Defense: wole, woods, Avery, gay/carney, eifler, hansen, cooper/tolson, hobbs, beason, Adams, brown.

Without anything crazy happening what are we looking like for starters?

Offense: Peters, Epstein, Bonner/Brown, Bebe, Smalling, Sidney, Ford, Palcho, green, Kramer, brown, Lowe.

Defense: wole, woods, Avery, gay/carney, eifler, hansen, cooper/tolson, hobbs, beason, Adams, brown.

Tony is an interesting conversation.

Yea, Beason’s recovery will dictate much. That said, it’s also Tony’s level of play. He’s significantly stronger outside than he is at safety. Hard to say if it’s in his or our best interest to revisit that.

Yea, Beason’s recovery will dictate much. That said, it’s also Tony’s level of play. He’s significantly stronger outside than he is at safety. Hard to say if it’s in his or our best interest to revisit that.
Totally agree honestly it’s more on who out of the other safety group shows it’s worthwhile to keep tony at corner.

Deleted member 654622

D
@Dude of course this is situational, right? We wouldn’t game plan Purdue the same way we’d play Wisconsin. Well both be right and wrong depending on the situation.
Correct, after reading your first post I started thinking about who we play that runs the RPO. I say let's get our Tommie and Urlacher and call it a day lol

Correct, after reading your first post I started thinking about who we play that runs the RPO. I say let's get our Tommie and Urlacher and call it a day lol

Avery and Doyle. Sydney Brown looks like Mike Brown at S. Antonio Johnson adds and another level with two elite, physical ballhawks at S on the back end with those guys in the middle, Seth Coleman coming off the edge, Beason at CB, etc. That's literally a super Defense.

Last edited:

Deleted member 654622

D
Avery and Doyle. Sydney Brown looks like Mike Brown at S. Antonio Johnson adds and another level with two elite, physical ballhawks at S on the back end with those guys in the middle, Seth Coleman coming off the edge, Beason at CB, etc. That's literally a super Defense.
In theory that sounds great. But there is a lot of chips that would need to swing our way before that became a reality....A LOT

I am hoping to see an Edwin Carter sighting. We did miss him this year. Just a few plays he showed some great potential. Was he dressing for the games and doing pre-game workouts? Not much mention of him this year.

Just looking at our current d-tackle depth, I think we need to move Randolph inside next year or let him swing between SDE and d-tackle. I truly hope Lou whips Avery into shape/Avery realizes his potential. Sorry if this was already discussed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 654622

D
only 2 commita
Beason fully recovered
Seth Coleman making a huge leap in physical development
Flipping Doyle and AJ from an SEC school run by Jerkbo Fisher
robert-downey-shrug-anim.gif

Beason fully recovered
Seth Coleman making a huge leap in physical development
Flipping Doyle and AJ from an SEC school run by Jerkbo Fisher
robert-downey-shrug-anim.gif

I was reading that like having that class in a few years. Then all we need is Doyle and AJ

Deleted member 654622

D
Looked like 515 and he did it for a triple? Impressive.
cant tell if that is a ten or a five. But what's ten pounds when you talking about how easy that was for him. Dude is very strong already

Status
Not open for further replies.