Looking ahead to 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say. I’m excited about the DL. I know it doesn’t have a ton of expirence but it has a lot of guys that are intriguing. Austin Clark has been able to get some athletic guys in here. Let’s see how he can coach them.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I have to say. I’m excited about the DL. I know it doesn’t have a ton of expirence but it has a lot of guys that are intriguing. Austin Clark has been able to get some athletic guys in here. Let’s see how he can coach them.

Ditto. Between the 2019 guys and this class, we have reloaded well. Would've loved Joe Moore, but we recovered well from that blow. Hoping we're to the point where we can redshirt all of these kids.

Deleted member 654622

D
I'm really excited about our DLine in 2021. I am super worried about it in 2020

If your projecting though. This year won’t be super strong but still could be okay.
DE: Wole, Randolf, mondesir, Holmes
NT: Avery, Pate, Okpala, Mccoy
3T: Woods, Shipton, Newton, Riggins
DE: Carney, Gay, Coleman, Davis

still too young but not short on athleticism

Deleted member 654622

D
If your projecting though. This year won’t be super strong but still could be okay.
DE: Wole, Randolf, mondesir, Holmes
NT: Avery, Pate, Okpala, Mccoy
3T: Woods, Shipton, Newton, Riggins
DE: Carney, Gay, Coleman, Davis

still too young but not short on athleticism
No but short on actual past productivity to keep me calm

No but short on actual past productivity to keep me calm
Agreed but with a experienced secondary and 2 out of 3 linebackers back. I think the D-line won’t be the thing holding us back from keep around the same level of defense as last year. Which is all I’m really hoping for.

It's something that had been discussed here many times but per Lovie in his presser yesterday, Jake Hansen will kick inside to the MIKE.

Best move possible and I'm happy to hear it.
So then milo and then a competition between shammond/tolson/maybe Smith(per his Twitter he will still try safety)

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
It's something that had been discussed here many times but per Lovie in his presser yesterday, Jake Hansen will kick inside to the MIKE.

Best move possible and I'm happy to hear it.

+1

Hansen doesn't have ideal wheels for an OLB. Great, if not obvious, call.

This has to be the most confident I’ve felt in awhile when it comes to the two deep in the back 7. I feel like we have a very solid group of guys who could actually step in and play.

OLB- milo, Gardner, degroot
MLB- Hansen, Barnes
OLB- cooper, tolson, (Smith or ware depending on how safety shakes out)
CB- Hobbs, Walker, Adams if needed
CB- Beason, Witherspoon, Quan Martin
SS- Sydney brown, Ware, kerby Joseph
FS- Adams, Derrick Smith, Quan Martin

This has to be the most confident I’ve felt in awhile when it comes to the two deep in the back 7. I feel like we have a very solid group of guys who could actually step in and play.

MLB- Hansen, Barnes
If that group can stay healthy(knocking on wood) that feels like a solid middle of the pack Big 10 back 7( best we've had in a while) with nice potential to play better then that on a given day.

Deleted member 654622

D

MLB- Hansen, Barnes
I don't know why I feel bad about this but I kind of cringe every time I think of Hansen playing in general, let a lone the Mike where the QB is gonna be able to just dump the ball over him.
I wish I had the capability to go back and watch the IL games on youtube or something just to watch certain players.
I am pretty sure I can watch every FSU football game this year on youtube. I am sure it is because of the B1G network.

I don't know why I feel bad about this but I kind of cringe every time I think of Hansen playing in general, let a lone the Mike where the QB is gonna be able to just dump the ball over him.
I wish I had the capability to go back and watch the IL games on youtube or something just to watch certain players.
I am pretty sure I can watch every FSU football game this year on youtube. I am sure it is because of the B1G network.
It's an interesting question. Is he better suited for inside or outside? My perception from watching the games is that he is not fast enough to play outside but I am not a football coach.

It's an interesting question. Is he better suited for inside or outside? My perception from watching the games is that he is not fast enough to play outside but I am not a football coach.

He’s better suited inside. He’s going to have athletic limitations at either spot but for what he does do well, he’s better at the MIKE. He’s also the only man in the group I would trust with those calls.

The real benefit here is that it allows us the potential to actually put our best 3 LBs on the field at the same time. Hansen-Barnes (I love this kid but he needs work)-Eifler is not our best group.

The B1G network would be smart to license distro rights with YouTube and Netflix when the current contract is up. It would solve the access problem for a wide range of users (especially those who don't live in the B1G footprint), and still allow them to do other distro deals.

Deleted member 656517

D
So pretty much what y’all are saying is Hansen will give us exactly what we got from Dele, and we’ll improve the speed on the outside of him...? Our defense will come full circle next yr, and be exactly what we’ve been waiting for from Lovie

So pretty much what y’all are saying is Hansen will give us exactly what we got from Dele, and we’ll improve the speed on the outside of him...? Our defense will come full circle next yr, and be exactly what we’ve been waiting for from Lovie

mom waiting to seewhat happens at d line. If we had Oladipo and Bobby, I’d say yes. But those are big losses

Deleted member 656517

D
mom waiting to seewhat happens at d line. If we had Oladipo and Bobby, I’d say yes. But those are big losses
Bobby would’ve been going pro after this season, and Oladipo won’t be a loss if we have a healthy Woods in there. Have enough depth for Oladipo(can’t believe I said that) when a young guy (not true freshman) and juco step up

Deleted member 654622

D
For the record that is not what I am saying/expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.