Lou Dorsey no longer with the Illini

FT35

Naperville
He's no longer suspended but he's clearly in the doghouse. He made the trip to New Jersey but didn't play at all from what I can remember.

He missed all of Spring practice and was not given 1st String reps for all of training camp and the start of the season so he probably doesn't have a grip on this offense as of yet. He really needs to step up and have a good week of practice if he wants to make an impact against Purdue.

Something tells me he's only on the roster at the moment because of his talent considering he's been suspended twice now. If he doesn't get out of the doghouse soon then I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer which would be a major loss.

I think he is off suspension. Still in the doghouse.

Coach says he is playing who gives us the best chance to win. That is incorrect. It must be a teaching moment.

He did play on some snaps against Pedo State, but apparently the staff didn't like what they saw and he's moved down the depth chart. This is hard to believe, given how thin we are at WR after injuries.

So I also tend to believe that he still has a paw or two in the doghouse.

Hopefully he is taking to the mentorship of Lovie and the TE coach. Kids especially when they are miles from home don't do well with adversity. Hopefully he gets a well earned chance to have success this season.

Dorsey could be a real contributor. We are short receivers and he's got some real talent. I don't know what is holding him back, but I do hope he realizes he is missing out on helping us get wins and going to a bowl game.

illini80

Forgottonia
He did play on some snaps against Pedo State, but apparently the staff didn't like what they saw and he's moved down the depth chart. This is hard to believe, given how thin we are at WR after injuries.

So I also tend to believe that he still has a paw or two in the doghouse.
Was reported on Werner's show that Rod S said he is missing too many assignments. Don't know if that means he doesn't know the playbook or just poor execution. Hope he pulls it together.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Was reported on Werner's show that Rod S said he is missing too many assignments. Don't know if that means he doesn't know the playbook or just poor execution. Hope he pulls it together.

+infinity

Sometimes kids are their own worst enemy. Ugh. It's all on a platter for him. The NFL loves TEs w/his measurables.

Deleted member 19448

D
Hell with it. It’s time to just go all in on golf and volleyball. Train wreck unfolding at MS

One step forward. 52 steps beck.

That beck was a typo. But it kind of feels Beckmanesque lately. So I will leave it.

It's hard not to think that this football program may never be resurrected. Lovie wants to instill discipline amongst the team but the result against Purdue sure didn't reflect a disciplined team.

How quickly players quit with some adversity. This season didn't start well but he had time to turn it around.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Not a good look. My hope was we would get last year’s Dorsey back but he just never delivered.

Sucks he wouldn’t stick it out but that’s what building a program means. You weed out the weak willed for people who believe.

Either that or this thing is in the process of crashing and burning.

We will find out soon methinks.

I know he hadn't seen the field much and had a bad game, but it seems odd to make the announcement in the middle of the season.