Lou Henson dies at 88

It's surprising that this didn't come out earlier. RIP
Werner just mentioned it on his show, said the family chose to keep it private because of COVID and restrictions on large gatherings. Stevie Jay just said it was amazing they were able to keep it quiet.

Wow, this felt like a gut punch; I could see the headline on the home page but no picture yet (as it was still loading), but my heart sank, knowing that the picture would eventually load of Lou. :(

RIP, legend! So glad you got to live long enough to see our court named after you. Hope we can play a season this year to play inspired in your honor!

Wow, this felt like a gut punch; I could see the headline on the home page but no picture yet (as it was still loading), but my heart sank, knowing that the picture would eventually load of Lou. :(

RIP, legend! So glad you got to live long enough to see our court named after you. Hope we can play a season this year to play inspired in your honor!

I had a similar reaction. A notification came up on my phone and my heart sunk.

RIP Lou!

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Amazing it was kept quiet. Condolences to the Henson family. Great coach and by all accounts, an even better person.

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
The modern program resides on the rock-solid foundation that Harry Combes and Lou built. What a gift to have had him as a coach for 21 seasons. He was a fine man, a great coach, and he clearly cherished the C-U community. We're very fortunate to have had him. RIP Coach Henson, and thanks for all that you and your teams gave us and the University, and the history and memories we will enjoy for decades to come. Condolences to his family, particularly Mrs. Henson, who is an absolutely lovely person.

HoopCity

Huntsville, AL
A sad day for ILLINI although a whole lot of help now coming from Heaven, Rest in Peace Lou. You will never be forgotten.

Tophe

Middle TN
Thank you for everything Lou. You will be missed.