Lou Henson Happy Birthday

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
Happy, happy birthday to a guy who brought us all a lot of joy for many years. NO ONE has ever looked as good in that orange jacket.

jbmay83

O Fallon
Happy birthday Lou. Do, last year's game, I'm walking into the State Farm Center, and a little old guy is holding the door open for me and my wife. He has a walker. I say, you go ahead. He insists that I enter first. My wife said it's that Lou Henson. Sure enough. Made my Life. Loved that man and his great and not so great teams. I am an Illini fan because of him.

Attachments

• 20171119_152746.jpg
    20171119_152746.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 367
As has been said before, great coach...better man.
I was in C-U during a golden era when the Assebly Hall was a virtual snake pit. I was fortunate enough to have a nice conversation with Lou as an undergrad (my screen name might give away my age). My time in college witnessed some great basketball. Whatever you think of Henson as a coach he is one the classiest gentlemen you will ever have the privilege of meeting.

I was in C-U during a golden era when the Assebly Hall was a virtual snake pit. I was fortunate enough to have a nice conversation with Lou as an undergrad (my screen name might give away my age). My time in college witnessed some great basketball. Whatever you think of Henson as a coach he is one the classiest gentlemen you will ever have the privilege of meeting.
Like you, I was on campus during those heady days of Winters, Alternberger, Douglas, Winters, et al - what a great time to fall head over heels, stone-cold in love with the Orange & Blue! Happy birthday Coach!