Louisville forced to vacate title after NCAA denies appeal

Remember when they used to pull scholarships and bar teams from appearing on television for things like giving away tickets to coaches and buying pizza for recruits? :mad:

Just another version of the "Have's and the Have Not's, I don't see any big schools getting penalized and even this move really does nothing to hurt the school as far as competition. As long as Padgett wins, they can still recruit, nothing here to see...

Just another version of the "Have's and the Have Not's, I don't see any big schools getting penalized and even this move really does nothing to hurt the school as far as competition. As long as Padgett wins, they can still recruit, nothing here to see...
They are 18-9, 8-6, with road games left vs Duke, Clemson and NC State, plus a home game vs #1 Virginia. Lose those 4 and the NIT looms large.

The only punishment that matters is yanking schollies.
Aw c'mon. I heard Pitino got a tatoo to commemorate the 2013 championship...which is now vacated. Imagine how uncomfortable it will be when they try to hire the next hookers to dance at a recruiting party, and one of them asks, "What's that?"

Oh wait, Pitino was fired. nevermind

The only punishment that matters is yanking schollies.

This is the NCAA's "see, we're tough!" move.
Hit the University where it hurts...make them pay back the $$$ they received from the NCAA for that tourney....dont' know what kind of figure we would be talking about....but I'm guessing it's gotta be substantial

Vacating titles is hilariously dumb. I wish UofI had to vacate a national title or 2. Can't take away the experience or the memories.