[YOUTUBE]JG2doKFl-R0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]XVUIAQpbhEA[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]orr5jDGXa04[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]n6-Ej2U4NXg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]g0gqNpnCI4c[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Caj0ranW12Y[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]lm8z9kb4tUk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Spoiler Alert: Excitement for Lovie Smith press conferences is going to erode very, very quickly. Lovie's eagerness to divulge what's going on behind closed doors to the press can only be described as Nixonian.

The excitement is going to come on the field, not at the podium.

Spoiler Alert: Excitement for Lovie Smith press conferences is going to erode very, very quickly. Lovie's eagerness to divulge what's going on behind closed doors to the press can only be described as Nixonian.

The excitement is going to come on the field, not at the podium.

This is a great disclaimer. Werner has mentioned a couple times that while Lovie is a great hire, it's going to make his job harder. The press won't have the access they've had with Beckman.

Dan

Admin
Dan,
With or without Josh?
I would guess without..sounds like a routine Spring football prep presser plus a discussion/intro of the new football staff.

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
The press won't have the access they've had with Beckman.

Number6DontCare400w_large.jpg

Hopefully Lovie won't tell us about the word Oskee or volunteer his wife to make lasagna. If he doesn't do those things then the presser will be a success.

Why did the feed stop when Lovie stopped? Sounded like the coordinators were going to get to talk?

I wish the camera operator would have created a wider shot and had the staff stand behind Lovie as he spoke. As it was, in the small video window we got on FightingIllini.com we have no idea what these folks look like, actually dressed in Illini attire.

Why did the feed stop when Lovie stopped? Sounded like the coordinators were going to get to talk?

They're going to do one on one interviews but were never going to be at the podium in front of the live cameras. Guessing that there will be some recorded video of their one on ones.

I'm sure Phair being run game coordinator is in name only. Justification to pay him the same as before since he technically took a demotion.

My favorite quote from Lovie today was "We are trying to score on every play." Reminds me of the 2005-06 Bears would love that again for the Illini.

This is the second time I've heard "stern teachers." I would imagine Urban Meyer's organization being the same way. Does anybody who has attended practices in the past have a few words to describe how Cubit or Beckman's approach can be characterized?