Luke Ford's Grandfather Passes Away

My condolences to Luke and the rest of his family. Sad that his grandfather didn't get to see Luke play at Illinois, but at least I hope Luke was able to spend more time with him and create some additional good memories.

My condolences to Luke and the rest of his family. Sad that his grandfather didn't get to see Luke play at Illinois, but at least I hope Luke was able to spend more time with him and create some additional good memories.

This. With deep condolences

I had a free Luke Ford update everyday on here for a long time, time and memories with your family you can never get back

NJILLINI

Castle Pines, Colorado
Condolences to Luke and the Ford family. Very sorry for their loss.

And another poor move on the part of the NCAA. Luke should have petitioned that he was changing positions from TE to QB. He would have gotten the waiver in that case, I'm guessing. Sanctimonious, arbitrary a-holes.

He should have gone to Ohio State. NCAA would have allowed and OSU would have furnished a private jet to fly grandfather to games and NCAA would have somehow missed it.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
He should have gone to Ohio State. NCAA would have allowed and OSU would have furnished a private jet to fly grandfather to games and NCAA would have somehow missed it.
On one hand, this sounds like sour grapes. On the other hand, it is unfortunately probably 100% true.

Man, this is sad.

It seems like every single thing the NCAA can do to lose the press battle (not to mention just be decent and fair), they do.

Decent and fair rank behind money and ego...that is true many places, not just NCAA..the NCAA just likes to sell that it's all for the students.

Decent and fair rank behind money and ego...that is true many places, not just NCAA..the NCAA just likes to sell that it's all for the students.

Yes, but the way they make decisions seems to have the opposite effect -- not good for the bottom line, but also not in the student's best interest. The only monetary incentive I can think of here is disincentivizing other star players from wanting to leave the powerhouse SEC schools in the future. Otherwise, it's best to let the Luke Fords, James Wisemans, etc. play and excite their fan bases, attend/watch more games, etc.