Mark Smith transferring to Missouri

Deleted member 14522

D
Can't wait too see how much he gets booed at the Braggin Rights game in two years. Also by that point our offense will be fully functional and Underwood can scheme for the weakest defender on the opposing team...which at that point for Missouri it will be Mark Smith.

Only player ever to play for both teams in the Braggin’ Rights game???

Deleted member 236589

D
Can't wait too see how much he gets booed at the Braggin Rights game in two years. Also by that point our offense will be fully functional and Underwood can scheme for the weakest defender on the opposing team...which at that point for Missouri it will be Mark Smith.

Why would he get booed? He didn't do anything wrong. He didn't take to coach's system and got himself buried on the bench. He just wasn't quick enough to play defense at this level, consistently finding himself with two fouls by the 16 minute mark of the 1st half.

Missouri has a real problem in their backcourt. Illinois does not. So, from a strategic standpoint, it makes sense, but from an ability standpoint....not so much.

Would have thought ISU or Bradley would have been a good destination for his abilities, but I wish nothing for the best for him. Good kid.

Missouri doesn't have much for a roster and will really not have much if they miss on Ramey. Tilmon may be gone after next year too. Interesting move.

If there wasn’t some loose ties to Liddell I wonder if Gonzo takes a hard pass? But....MS just got a nibble of what it takes and now has 18 months to get there. If he gets there OR Gonzo gets Liddell....it was a good play. I like the kid but we are better now...

:chief:

ritster

Wheaton, IL
Braggin Rights game just got even MORE interesting

Yes, it does.

However, remember he committed to Miznoz first to play baseball. He obviously felt comfortable enough with the campus to commit there for one sport, so why not basketball.

I wish the kid no ill will. The only Braggin Rights game he will ever win already took place.

Why would he get booed? He didn't do anything wrong. He didn't take to coach's system and got himself buried on the bench. He just wasn't quick enough to play defense at this level, consistently finding himself with two fouls by the 16 minute mark of the 1st half.

Missouri has a real problem in their backcourt. Illinois does not. So, from a strategic standpoint, it makes sense, but from an ability standpoint....not so much.

Would have thought ISU or Bradley would have been a good destination for his abilities, but I wish nothing for the best for him. Good kid.

Agree, hope the fan base doesn't boo Mark. I thought he handled himself with class. Would be disappointed if we are childish about this. Still thought he would land on a quality non P5 program such as WSU, Butler, etc

Tacomallini

Washington State
Agree, hope the fan base doesn't boo Mark. I thought he handled himself with class. Would be disappointed if we are childish about this. Still thought he would land on a quality non P5 program such as WSU, Butler, etc

I'd suggest you don't look at Twitter then...

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
So does this have an effect on Ramey recruitment? Good/bad?

Best of luck to Mark except I hope Miznoz loses every game! :D:illinois:

JJE

Bethalto, IL

Logically you are right, but based on what you wrote you’ve probably never been to the Braggin Rights game. I’ve been to several and can’t stand anything about mizzou. Now you add a third player to the roster who has either played for or was committed to Illinois. Yeah that kids going to get booed out of the building when he’s allowed to play.

Deleted member 14522

D
If you heard how much Tilmon was booed this year when he never even played for us I would think it would be much worse for Mark.