Maryland 59, Illinois 58 POSTGAME

Los Angeles
Need some answers for those last two possessions.

Winged Warrior
Apparently we don't have anyone that can handle pressure at the end of these games.

Reactions: pvaughn8, Krombopulos_Michael, Fighter of the Nightman and 1 other person
St. Louis
Never under estimate the stupidity of a Brad Underwood coached team.

Last edited:
Reactions: TruIllini89, ChicagoIllini, Krombopulos_Michael and 3 others
This is why I haven't posted in two years.... I can't watch illini basketball anymore. They always find away to lose. I call it the Bill Self curse...

Reactions: Illini John
Chicagoland
Freaking refs gave the game away. Unbelievable. But we seriously needed a timeout that last possession not one on one

Reactions: MiniDee11 and cuillini
Aurora, IL
This team can NOT string together two good halves of basketball in the same game. This sucks. I hate all of it.

Woodridge, IL
I don’t know what the solution is, but I have no faith in Underwood to figure it out.

When they put that stat about not coming back from a 14-point deficit at halftime since 2007, I knew we would lose.

I just knew it...

Well, the final score makes it look like a good game, but a terrible first half vs Miami followed by a terrible second half vs Maryland.

Consistency. Is it that hard to ask for?

Reactions: Cardsillinifan24
Bonnaroo Land
Wow...................that just sucks. On the positive side, we are getting better and will be really great soon.

Wasted another couple hours to get pissed off on a Saturday night. May have to check out until next month.

Reactions: Fighter of the Nightman and ivwilsoniv
Aurora, IL
"Kofi played 0 seconds the last 6 mins of the close Miami game, and he played 0 seconds in the last 5 mins of tonight’s Maryland game." - @TVallese

This is inexcusable.

Reactions: TruIllini89, antwix, spillini and 7 others
Why do you call a timeout... your last one with 2.1 seconds to go.. why.. I dont understand.. so he can miss the free throw on purpose? You gotta be kidding me.

Reactions: KevinC, Bleedorangeandblue44, Jon and 3 others
Illini Basketball Fan Forever
Bay Area, CA
A lot of empty possessions down the stretch, and how can we sit Cockburn at the end when we cannot score and need his rebounding?

Reactions: KevinC, TruIllini89 and Illini John
Winged Warrior
Ok...this thread is going to get hot stupid. I'm out.

Reactions: KevinC, mikraso, MainelyIllini and 5 others