Maryland 63, Illinois 33 POSTGAME

This has to one of the worst, if not the worst, major college defensive games I’ve ever seem.
Everyone on these coaches and players should be embarrassed.

TMC999

Not Iowa
I think we would have lost to Maryland-Eastern Shore. At least we adjusted after the 7th TD on a jet sweep... wait... nope. They just scored again on that play.

712. We gave up 712 yards. To Maryland. To Maryland.
Wasn't this the same Maryland offense that scored a whopping ZERO points against Iowa last week?

Lovie. I've checked out too. You're done. Simply pathetic. The only thing I was looking for this season was improvement. That's it. Once again Lovie can't deliver.

Done. This program is toast....

breadman

Herndon, VA
Anybody have any status on Rivers?
Was at the game until the end of the third qtr.
Was also at the pregame alumni gathering where JW gave one of his political speeches containing a lot of wiggle room. heh! Should have been there. It was awesome!!! He shook everybody's hand.
Nicely catered by Mission BBQ.
Don't need to go toMD's campus anymore though. Difficult to get around. Parking lots far away from stadium So, did a lot of walking today.

Gotta say, still playing frosh and soph very young men.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Thing is there really isn’t any “unrecoverable”. We are just really bad at recovering. Look at what Syracuse, Washington St, Kentucky, and others that have seen hard times in recent years are doing this year. Hell! Kansas won today.

We might have just crossed the point of no return. “Unrecoverable irrelevance”.
Maybe we need to go into a receivership sort of arrangement where, for the benefit of the brand, the B10 takes over for 3-5 years to get us back to respectability. Because this program right now is an embarrassment.

Can't wait to see how Robert Illiniboard spins this.

This staff coaches like they still do not know any kind of depth chart. Whoever they think are the ones and two should be on the field most of the time and the lower rated players should not get caught on the field as much. Too many times guys I have not seen all year are on the field trying to compete against Big10 starters and it just does not work. The gap between big time players who belong in the B10 and players who should never be on the field results in long plays and often long TDs.

Lovie and his staff are not getting any semblance of a disciplined defense on the field. The basics each play for any defense is; who has each gap, which way does the line slant, who has containment and boundary coverage, and secondary coverage all DBs must be in sync. The defense players seem lost. If they are lost in games it is because they must be lost at practice and the coaches must not know it. You can't change 80 players so you have to change the coaches. the right coaches will not come here and start saying "We have to rebuild stuff". Use what we got, start where we are and start getting it done. Be competitive right away.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
As of last week we were 114th out of 130th for points scored against/game. Only gonna get worse after that.

2018: 37.3/game (not including this week)

2017: 31.5

Good job, we're giving up an extra TD a game this year vs last year.

Inexcusable that our D has gone backwards from last year. A year older was supposed to move the bar forward not in full throttle reverse.

Over 700 yards to a bad offensive team. There just really aren't many words left and almost no hope for this program.