Maryland 81, Illinois 55 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin
[YOUTUBE]vdpQ03TTeN4[/YOUTUBE]

orange-koolaid-02.jpg

Last edited:

frozenrope9190

Aurora, IL
This year is a wash. It's hard when you're actually going through it, but it's been true since Thorne went down.

Well positives:

Mav had his best game as an Illini and it was against a legitimate front court. He is really coming around.

JCL hit 3 more 3's and is closing in on Bradford.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Still wondering how things would have turned out if we hit some shots. Too many came up short. Don't know why.

ritster

Wheaton, IL
Who would have ever thought I would've said, or anyone else for that matter, "I want to see the offense run through MAV"

Illinithad

Northeast Missouri
Our defense has to improve a ton next year. And I'm sure not having our starting 4 and 5 is a big part of that. But (I didn't see tonight's game) we give up too many easy drives to the basket for layups, dunks or short jumpers. And of course, everybody hits 3's against us it seems like.

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
John Groce is not maximizing the talent he currently has at his disposal. This team is developing losing habits and the Illinois basketball program is developing a culture of losing. The results that have been achieved by the Illinois basketball program this season are shocking.

sdfidaho

Boise, Idaho
Well positives:

Mav had his best game as an Illini and it was against a legitimate front court. He is really coming around.

JCL hit 3 more 3's and is closing in on Bradford.

Think how good Mav might be if this staff could coach up players (sarcasm)

I'm offering my services to 70'smath
1) Mav
2) Mav
3' Mav
4) Mav
5) JCL got 3 more
6) Mav
7) Mav
8) Mav
9) Mav is looking better

Its amazing how uncompetitive this team has become. Yeah, Yeah...injuries. Right! There is still to much talent on this team to not put up a better fight. Groce is absolutely clueless on how to coach defensive or offensive basketball for that matter.

Deleted member 9739

D
Vegas had this game as Maryland by 15. Clearly, they must not be watching our games out there. ;)

FinalFour88

Charlotte, NC
Still wondering how things would have turned out if we hit some shots. Too many came up short. Don't know why.
If you can't win a game shooting your season average, you're not very good. Illini would have needed to shoot 55%-60% to win this game. Pipe dreams.

We looked a step slow tonight (exception MAV) in all areas looked tired and disinterested very concerning