Michael Finke transferring to Grand Canyon

I'll take $100 under "news that is not shocking," Alex.

Echoing the sentiment about Stanford, but MF is probably going to have a blast next year lighting it up and playing with his brother. Best wishes.

kuhl84

Orlando, FL
Could have gotten a free graduate degree from Stanford... picked a for-profit school instead. :doh:

Never visited Stanford or Nevada, to my knowledge. That might mean he did not have a committable offer. If I was predetermined to go to GCU, and wanted to take a couple of trips, Penn State would not have been my choice.

Wish him well. He is the one guy that I wish would have stayed. I understand his limitations, but he would have definitely contributed next year.

ChazzReinhold

Mom! The Meatloaf!
The Jerry Colangelo connection may open avenues that Michael wishes to pursue that Stanford would not have.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Color me surprised. Eh, not.......But good luck, Mike!

I always thought this would happen. Good luck, Michael and thanks for all of your efforts in orange and blue.

Honestly, I never thought this would happen....I think because people gave it legs at a point in time I deemed "way to soon." Shows you what I know. Good luck Michael!

Tacomallini

Washington State
I was hoping he'd chose PSU or Grand Canyon, since we'll play both teams next year. Good luck the rest of the year, Mike. Hope UI beats the crud out of GCU though!

sacraig

The desert
I feel like this was the obvious and also wrong decision for him. But hey, it's not my life.

Sal Iacuzzo

Yonkers, NY
The Jerry Colangelo connection may open avenues that Michael wishes to pursue that Stanford would not have.

didn't he already have a colangelo connection by virtue of playing basketball for illinois?

with that said it certainly seems like colangelo cares more about gcu.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
didn't he already have a colangelo connection by virtue of playing basketball for illinois?

with that said it certainly seems like colangelo cares more about gcu.
Jerry has a museum named after him on the GCU campus, and its called the College of Business. FYI GCU has been around since 1949 and was a nonprofit until it got bought in the 2000s. It's working towards becoming nonprofit again. It has about 11,000 on its physical campus.

Jerry has a museum named after him on the GCU campus, and its called the College of Business. FYI GCU has been around since 1949 and was a nonprofit until it got bought in the 2000s. It's working towards becoming nonprofit again. It has about 11,000 on its physical campus.

Per this link he is paid as a consultant for the basketball team:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mon...s-name-grand-canyon-business-school/16192267/

Colangelo agreed to lend his name to the school at no extra cost to the university, although he is compensated as an adviser to the basketball program, a spokesman said.

Good luck in our final season MF. Thank you for your efforts at Illinois.

Go Illini

Since the legacy of the Porter boys at Miznoz has been broken up, college basketball needs the new Finke boys story coming out of GCU.