Michigan State 60, Illinois 53 POSTGAME

Admin

:illinois:

Last edited:
Little Rock, Arkansas
Well shucks. Gotta win the one at Iowa to help our resume.

Decatur, IL
Hate to say this cause we wouldn't be where we are without him, but we're a better team without rice. Better ball movement, more PT for Black, and more shots for Nunn and hill.

Los Angeles
Hate to say this cause we wouldn't be where we are without him, but we're a better team without rice. Better ball movement, more PT for Black, and more shots for Nunn and hill.

Black was awful tonight

Florida
Have to make a few shots and the Ilini were turrible from the field tonight. Hard to win shooting that poorly.

Little Rock, Arkansas

I agree. I think Rice might have been the best player on the floor before his injury and he might still be the best player by the end of the season, but we just looked like a better all around basketball team without him.

I hope we make the tourney though and Rice gets to dominate in it.

That being said, Nunn didn't have a great game either so hopefully he gets way more consistent as a junior.

Nunn took all kinds of shots tonight. They just didn't fall. That's not Rice's fault.

Chillicothe, IL
More PT for Black tonight would have meant we would have lost by more than we did. Ray Rice was not the problem tonight whatsoever

Stylin' and Profilin'
Had every chance to win, couldn't shoot for pretty much the entire night. Add a few made threes to the heart and effort and we win easily...

Stop. We didn't need more shots for Nunn today. Black and tate played terrible. Tough loss. just gotta be ready against iowa.

You win basketball games when your shots go in. Ours don't go in enough.

We make one of those 3 pt tries at the end and we probably get to OT at least. We were 2 of 16 from 3. That is terrible.

That has to be the most disappointing loss in the Groce era for me. A full week to get ready and you lay that offensive egg. Just have to win that kind of game in year 3.

On another note WTF was up with all the empty seats? Really disappointing.

Afraid it is 2 NIT's and 1 NCAA under Groce . Had to have this game

Again, this wasn't a must win game. If we win the rest at home, and steal one at Purdue or Iowa we're in.

As poor as they shot, the physicality of this game will help us with the rest of the teams.

Brad Evans said we slide to the Last Four In with that loss.