Michigan State 70, Illinois 69 POSTGAME

illiniswish09

Northwest Suburbs
Trent Frazier's on the ball defense against Winston last night was elite. He is just flat out fun to watch on defense. His force of the Winston charge at the 10:31 mark when we were down 13 points started the turn around. Not only did he force the turnover, but sent Winston to the bench with his 4th foul. The crowd recognized this effort and got back into the game. Holding Winston to 12 points was really good.
This x100. Trent’s effort on defense was phenomenal last night. Probably why he wasn’t as effective on offense but his defense led to offense for us on multiple occasions.

Trent Frazier's on the ball defense against Winston last night was elite. He is just flat out fun to watch on defense. His force of the Winston charge at the 10:31 mark when we were down 13 points started the turn around. Not only did he force the turnover, but sent Winston to the bench with his 4th foul. The crowd recognized this effort and got back into the game. Holding Winston to 12 points was really good.
Good observation...Trent is a dog on defense.

So this is what it's like to be a fan...

I didn't sleep last night because a college basketball player I have never meet in my life got hurt at the end of what was a crazy comeback/heartbreak loss.

My wife looked at me like I was crazy while I tied to explain to her why I was so out of it at breakfast.

This has honestly been one of the more fun seasons I can remember. With previous years' lack of success, and looking to recruiting for hope, I feel I know more about this team, and have an actual connection to the players and knowing who they are, where they have come from, and the family stories that lead them to Illinois. Maybe that's why this stings so much. I just really feel bad for Ayo and the rest of the team and coaching staff.

Hope for the best.
It totally sucks and I agree with your comments. I kept waking up and then drifting back to sleep myself, so I feel your pain.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
So this is what it's like to be a fan...

I didn't sleep last night because a college basketball player I have never meet in my life got hurt at the end of what was a crazy comeback/heartbreak loss.

My wife looked at me like I was crazy while I tied to explain to her why I was so out of it at breakfast.

This has honestly been one of the more fun seasons I can remember. With previous years' lack of success, and looking to recruiting for hope, I feel I know more about this team, and have an actual connection to the players and knowing who they are, where they have come from, and the family stories that lead them to Illinois. Maybe that's why this stings so much. I just really feel bad for Ayo and the rest of the team and coaching staff.

Hope for the best.

That's typically how my husband responds when I go a little sports-crazy. This time he was understanding.

The longer we go without hearing anything, the more I worry. Not so much for the season (I trust the team and the coaches to game plan and bounce back) but for his health. I truly hope it's only a strain and not a tear.

Wondering if there is an app for volume that could key off Dakich’s voice. Engineers?

Certainly doable. There's even free options, and googles AI is public with audio and video support.

The problem is you need to train the model, so some sad poor soul has to feed the tool with hundreds of samples of the most annoying man ever before it can learn to mute him.

I refuse to comment about anything on the game that was played. I think it took me about 30 seconds to realize we had lost I was just so sick for Ayo. I pray this is not an injury that affects him long term.

I refuse to comment about anything on the game that was played. I think it took me about 30 seconds to realize we had lost I was just so sick for Ayo. I pray this is not an injury that affects him long term.
I will add that I pray that it was just a strain/hyper-extension or something along those lines that will resolve itself in the near future.

ginabackes00

CrazedUIFan
As far as Giorgi, I think it's a combination of good scouting and now a lack of confidence. It's been a growth process. He'll work through it.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Wondering if there is an app for volume that could key off Dakich’s voice. Engineers? Be a great addition to that list of Better With Illinois commercial. The internet as we know it, PayPal, and the app that mutes Dan Dakich.
Thought he actually had some good insights during the last few possessions but his voice is way worse than fingernails on a blackboard. Maybe an app that dubs Scarlett Johansson's voice for everything he says.

I wish i had the Gif of Dwill "shaking it" off last night from his suite like he was reenacting his own big time FTs as if he was shooting for Kofi.....i thought that was awesome and then Kofi made those two FTs.....right after big Dackich said Kofi looked nervous! ..Ayo will shake this and so will our squad!

Now that Ayo is going to be , okay. The defense on the last possession was really bad. I'm going to assume during the last time-out the players were told to keep track of Tillman and keep your man off the boards. To come back take the lead and then lose, because no one knew where Tillman was and no Illini players were in position for a rebound is a tough way to lose.

Now that Ayo is going to be , okay. The defense on the last possession was really bad. I'm going to assume during the last time-out the players were told to keep track of Tillman and keep your man off the boards. To come back take the lead and then lose, because no one knew where Tillman was and no Illini players were in position for a rebound is a tough way to lose.
Kofi was trying to block Winston's shot. Feliz never switched. AG was guarding the guy in the corner. A defender can only protect one side of the basket when an opponent drives unless that opponent come straight down the middle. AG had to protect the other side of the basket. The only person that could have possibly got to Tillman to block him out was Feliz and he was trying to cut off Winston.

Haha, well how about this for a number, he only played 13 minutes last night but his +/- was -19. It's hard to fathom that even being possible.
i love the kid, but right now he is so bad at ever aspect of the game it has become hard to watch him on the floor

Deleted member 29907

D
Dakich on Kofi: “ He looks nervous “
Kofi: swishes two Free throws to put us up
So tired of Dakich predicting the future. "Watch, MSU will come down and score on this posession". Really - is that what you think your job is? Can you give me the Lottery numbers for this weekend?

Also, the bald ref is consistently not good. Can we send him to the ACC to buddy up with TV Ted?

i love the kid, but right now he is so bad at ever aspect of the game it has become hard to watch him on the floor

By any chance did anyone see Giorgi post up Tillman in the 2nd half and smack away Tillman's hand and mouth off at him while he was defending? It was really weird, and he was clearly rattled. Kid needs to get his head back in the game.

Kofi was trying to block Winston's shot. Feliz never switched. AG was guarding the guy in the corner. A defender can only protect one side of the basket when an opponent drives unless that opponent come straight down the middle. AG had to protect the other side of the basket. The only person that could have possibly got to Tillman to block him out was Feliz and he was trying to cut off Winston.
Since Kofi and Feliz both went with Winston, weak side help (griffin) was responsible for Tillman if he peeled off to basket, which he did. Griffin's, man wasn't around basket. Griffin, left his weak side protection which led to easy put back.