Mid-1980s pizza place on Green

I was at UIUC mid-late 80s. There was a pizza place (eat in, carry out, delivery) further west on Green (than Murphy's and O'Malleys) that was a little more "upscale". They had a deal on Sunday nights - something like $8 for a thick crust pizza with tons of cheese. Much better than the Pizza World-esque stuff. What was the name of that place?? Thanks...

Last edited:
Houston, Texas
I was at UIUC mid-late 80s. There was a pizza place (eat in, carry out, delivery) further west on Green (than Murphy's and O'Malleys) that was a little more "upscale". They had a deal on Sunday nights - something like $8 for a thick crust pizza with tons of cheese. Much better than the Pizza World-esque stuff. What was the name of that place?? Thanks...
You mean Papa Del's?

near Ogden & Rt 83
That location didn't have a dining room until 1989, though. It was only take out and delivery at that location until then (their original dining room location was on Wright Street from 1970 until 1994).
you are correct. the Dels on Green from 1979-1983 was an old house/joint for pick up and delivery only

The Garcias over there near the White Horse is probably what hes talking about

Nope. It wasn't Garcia's. And come to think of it - it may not have been on Green. But it was close. I'll come up with it eventually, it's just annoying the hell out of me trying to remember.

Tyngsborough, MA
Perhaps Mr. Peabody will dust off the Wayback machine, Norbert, and take you along for a visit?