Minnesota 40, Illinois 17 POSTGAME

Deleted member 652751

D
But Whitman will never do that because the U of I admin and BOT does not expect/demand success in athletics.

Who can we realistically get as our next HC? Because we really need a new one

This season is the platonic ideal of a failed coaching experiment. I predict in the end there won’t be any controversy. The 800 rushing yards we give up to Wisconsin should put any last feeble counterarguments to bed.

The defense sure does suck, but that's what I expected. I did not expect the offense to regress like it has. That is a big disappointment and really makes the games hard to watch (although I continue to watch)

6.5 yards / rush for MN. If you can’t stop the run at all, you’ve got zero chance to win - at any level,

But Whitman will never do that because the U of I admin and BOT does not expect/demand success in athletics.

The entire POINT of Whitman - a point I vehemently maintain still stands - is that he’s a breath of fresh air to a stale, lifeless DIA.

I’m 100% confident he’ll fire Lovie (it’s not if you lose sometimes ... it’s HOW you lose), and I’m cautiously optimistic it’ll be before the last game of the season concludes.

For this university, this is unacceptable. :/

Deleted member 652751

D
The entire POINT of Whitman - a point I vehemently maintain still stands - is that he’s a breath of fresh air to a stale, lifeless DIA.

I’m 100% confident he’ll fire Lovie (it’s not if you lose sometimes ... it’s HOW you lose), and I’m cautiously optimistic it’ll be before the last game of the season concludes.

For this university, this is unacceptable. :/
I'll believe it when I see it. I will be shocked if he is fired before end of the year. Be happy to be wrong.

Deleted member 333

D
Buh Bye Lovie....take your defense and move on. Next...

Radio guys are struggling to interview Lovie. What to say? The weather is ..................

Wes Lunt interviewing Lovie.

When you run an offense that requires executing at the skill position (let alone line play), this is why it’s Third and Long U. If there is a stat for 3 and outs or third and long avg distance, they have to be leading it. Which is why theyre also Punter U.

Well I will admit, I was on the Lovie bandwagon because the argument could be made that they were competitive until the bitter end of each game. Today, they were out everythinged. We were never competitive. What bothers me most is that MN was played tougher and they played harder. With Michigan and Wisconsin coming up....this is going to completely unravel.

I don't know how to address it because quite frankly, I don't see them buying him out, then adding another salary to the ledger.

First time this year they I've felt no hope regarding this team. #whiteflag