Minnesota 41, Illinois 14 Postgame

SKane

Tennessee
Too bad that this is a year that ILL does not get to play Penn State.

I thought Lovie was turning things around after the Wisconsin game last year. I was wrong.

I wonder whether Lovie thought that the program was heading in a sustainable winning direction before this year started.

Can this be the last year of the Lovie era? I understand our starting QB is out, but I don't see this thing turning around any time soon.

Too bad that this is a year that ILL does not get to play Penn State.

I thought Lovie was turning things around after the Wisconsin game last year. I was wrong.

I wonder whether Lovie thought that the program was heading in a sustainable winning direction before this year started.
I'm thinking beating Wisconsin last year was the worst thing to happen to us. We might be into our first year of someone else if not for that game.

I'm thinking beating Wisconsin last year was the worst thing to happen to us. We might be into our first year of someone else if not for that game.
Can this be the last year of the Lovie era? I understand our starting QB is out, but I don't see this thing turning around any time soon.
It would be different if our defense was keeping us in games.

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
Certainly hope so. This season has the makings of being a winless one. Obviously time for a change.

I agree, but I also look at it this way: this would be our first year with a new coach and no fans in the seats. Next year with a new coach and fans in the seats we’ll probably have decent attendance and can maybe get some momentum.

Sadly Lovie isn’t the answer. But, there’s no reason we can’t win. It’s just going to take the right coach. Minnesota won what, 11 games last year? IU this year. Earlier, Wisconsin was a joke before Alvarez. Northwestern before Gary Barnett. So it can happen.

But it’s not happening now. No one seems to know where they are supposed to be on defense. Disorganized and penalty prone on both sides of the ball. Recruiting doesn’t seem to have a pulse. We do have money and facilities. I think Whitman has charisma and can draw a decent enough coach. Time to try someone else.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
I keep typing thoughts, but it's all been said at nauseam on here. All I will say is I like Whitman a lot. He gets paid good money to navigate and make difficult decisions. Covid era or not, he has to find a way to part ways with Lovie at the end of this year. These results are beyond pathetic. Every team is dealing with covid related roster issues and that cannot be an excuse for the record/ on the field performance.

Lovie helped us recover from a bad few years and I am thankful for his commitment to the program. Littyville is phenomenal, but...and a big BUT...we are not showing progress. We need new leadership and I would imagine that even Lovie knows this. Been a tough year with COVID, but you can’t fail to show up like this. Not good.