Missouri 63, Illinois 56 POSTGAME

Illinois looked a step slow the whole game.

They missed more lay ups this game than I can recall in recent memory. A step slow.

Well when you game plan for the next up powerhouse school NC A&T, losses up this insignificant nature tend to take place...we all should have seen the trap game, we missed it. Who were we to think we would win this one with such an important game on the horizen?

I would love to know what this teams assist to turnover ratio is and specifically what Ayo’s is

Ayo is 3.4-2.9
Feliz is 3.5-2.4
TF 2.4-1.1
Giorgi 2.2-2.3

Team is 15.2-15.9 yes we turn it over slightly more than we assist with it.

After today's loss, KenPom moves us down to #43 and 9th in the B1G. 9th in B!G and currently 4 losses at this point of the season is not good for dance purposes.

We all can kiss the dance goodbye, with this stagnant offense, lack of creativity by the players and staff, one on one desperation mode with shot clock mode we will not make the dance. BU may gameplan for certain teams and we get some wins, but as of now imagine this:

Indiana probable loss
Purdue with Haarms, loss
Michigan State/Izzo outcoached loss
Rutgers with athletes they have and center...loss
Penn State/Stephens will own us...Loss

See a pattern here? We absolutely HAD to have every win minus Maryland and possibly Arizona...we did not do that, and the ones we lost are very telling. No selection crew in their right minds can award us a slot after the non-con and this game! We simply cannot win enough good games now to make it...depressing to say the least. Feels like the last 15 years all over again, except this time we have the talent to not be looked over and yet we will not be asked to dance again.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
I don't even know what to say. I watched a team take Maryland down to the wire, beat Michigan and then come out today like they were sleep walking.

I was really surprised on how Feliz played. Usually we can count on him to make crucial baskets when we need it. But he was a ghost today.

So disappointing....

players that can actually create offense(Griffin)

Griffin DOES NOT create offense, hell very few of our players do. That said, Griffin can provide defense and rebounding on par with Williams and at least look like an offensive weapon, he may have caught and passed DaMonte.

Ayo over dribbles loosely with the ball but does create, Feliz over penetrates and gets hung out to dry when the defense is solid, Trent has the flow to his game, just can't get open more often than not.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
And oh yeah...I didn't mind Griffin chirping at smith at the end and getting a technical. At least he was showing some passion.

I didn't like BU yelling at him for doing it. Not there...at least wait until they get to the locker room.

We all can kiss the dance goodbye, with this stagnant offense, lack of creativity by the players and staff, one on one desperation mode with shot clock mode we will not make the dance. BU may gameplan for certain teams and we get some wins, but as of now imagine this:

Indiana probable loss
Purdue with Haarms, loss
Michigan State/Izzo outcoached loss
Rutgers with athletes they have and center...loss
Penn State/Stephens will own us...Loss

See a pattern here? We absolutely HAD to have every win minus Maryland and possibly Arizona...we did not do that, and the ones we lost are very telling. No selection crew in their right minds can award us a slot after the non-con and this game! We simply cannot win enough good games now to make it...depressing to say the least. Feels like the last 15 years all over again, except this time we have the talent to not be looked over and yet we will not be asked to dance again.
We're not likely to do it but there are plenty of quality wins available to play ourselves into the tournament

I was the one yelling at BU for losing 2 years in a row. My exact words “that’s 0-2 Brad”. He came at me being restrained by two security guards. All for the Illini but losing to a sub par Missouri team is unacceptable.

SKane

Tennessee
It looked like BU's offensive game plan was to drive and try to draw a foul or shoot a three.

Most good teams can defend against a super simple game plan when the athleticism is close.

Don't have a problem with Griffin giving Smith some smack. I'd love to see these guys play with more of a chip on their shoulder nasty attitude. And i don't mean dirty basketball. What an indictment for Pickett to say we knew we were tougher than guys these. I'm in these corner but they are soft mentally and can't figure out they haven't proven a dang thing on the court. Bunch of pre-season hype that meant nothing.

N
These players have one win against Power 5 opponents BRAD is not on the roster
Brad is responsible for the roster and getting the players to play the best they can. As Lovie might say, it is simple as that. Do we blame the $4m man, or the scholarship athletes?

I don't even know what to say. I watched a team take Maryland down to the wire, beat Michigan and then come out today like they were sleep walking.
I was really surprised on how Feliz played. Usually we can count on him to make crucial baskets when we need it. But he was a ghost today.
So disappointing....

I'm not sure he played the final 10 or 12 minutes..there was a lot of DW and AG

And oh yeah...I didn't mind Griffin chirping at smith at the end and getting a technical. At least he was showing some passion.

I didn't like BU yelling at him for doing it. Not there...at least wait until they get to the locker room.
I agree. Think it could impact mentally in the future as well. Hard to remain loyal when your leader continues to praise the opposing team and doesn’t go to war for you.