Missouri 79, Illinois 63 POSTGAME

All yous listen up...Underwood can coach, he's proven that before and he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Moving forward you will see more Griffin, Jones and Kane. We just don't have the horses yet, but they are coming. We're back in the tournament next year.

the only satisfaction is that mark smith did nothing in this game.
I wouldn't mind pickett on this team at all (but our fans clowned him from the moment he committed to UI SMH)
Not sure what was up with Ayo tonight, but he played the worst of any of the players who are from Illinois tonight

To say I'm concerned about the future of this program is an understatement. It's starting to get unbearable not making the tourney. IMO, it's tournament or bust next year for Underwood.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
F09AA7F7-F2C4-4F0A-846E-01E112012807.jpeg

It’s really tough losing to Missouri. As chippy as the game started, I bet there was a lot going on between the guys leading up to the game. The Illini play hard and look more comfortable playing together. They really need to make more shots.

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
It’s really tough losing to Missouri. As chippy as the game started, I bet there was a lot going on between the guys leading up to the game. The Illini play hard and look more comfortable playing together. They really need to make more shots.

What team are you watching? We never look comfortable or confident, at either end of the court.

All yous listen up...Underwood can coach, he's proven that before and he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Moving forward you will see more Griffin, Jones and Kane. We just don't have the horses yet, but they are coming. We're back in the tournament next year.
How about you play them now when we actually need them not when you desperate

He’s 7-22 against high major opponents here.

He hasn’t proven anything. And Thomas Walkup isn’t going to the scorers table anytime soon.

Rotations were messedup because of Ayo's 2 foul start and DW 2 early misses plus Feliz early fouls,no 2 guard got off tonight, Kipper tame, DLR frustrating more Kane and, Griffin get a clock .Tev you better be positive and ready ,why not more 3's for Aaron?

Last edited:

Illinivek23

Gurnee
I just don't understand anything surrounding our BB team right now. Our defense, offense, system fits, recruiting "misses" - very frustrating. Players look confused too, so how can they play uptempo?

It is puzzling to me why Griffen and Kane didn't play. The reality is that the Illini have a very young team, but lack strength and length upfront. I believe in Underwood, he just needs the players. This team would have been alot different if Black would have stayed.

Tyler Underwood getting any time over anyone is beyond crazy. Underwood has this squad completely off the track and I don’t see how he’s going to fix it

This could be trouble before too long. Folks are going to start wondering if this isn't favoritism and Tyler isn't so good that anyone will be able to squelch that.

I’m sorry but this fan base deserves better. I watched the Wake Forest game from 2004-2005 today and it was crazy how awesome that atmosphere was. I don’t know how much more losing this fan base can take. I feel awful for Trent.

I think we have enough talent to win. It’s up to the coaches to put them in positions to succeed. Our coaches don’t do that.

The schemes are antiquated and/or poor. There is a reason nobody has run the pinch post in decades. On defense, that will never work in the B1G. Coaches are too good and will pick it apart. Maybe in mid majors. Kind of like Shaka is finding out in TX.