NBA / Illini in the Pros Thread

Former Krush Cow
South Bend, IN
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but DJ Richardson now announced on Facebook that he signed a rapping record deal with Wiz Khalifa's independent record label Taylor Gang Entertainment. His rap name is King Rich aka Japan. I don't know if this is in addition to playing in France or if he is no longer playing there. I assume both.

He is likely not making an NBA roster to start the season this year. So he will either try to get a contract back in Europe (unfortunately a lot of the better teams have finalized their rosters, Euroleague starts this Thursday 10/11) or more likely stay in G-League hoping for a short term contract call-up when someone gets injured.

He is likely not making an NBA roster to start the season this year. So he will either try to get a contract back in Europe (unfortunately a lot of the better teams have finalized their rosters, Euroleague starts this Thursday 10/11) or more likely stay in G-League hoping for a short term contract call-up when someone gets injured.
Surprised the Spurs haven't brought him back with their limited backcourt. (Dejournte Murray injury)

I'm not sure how many of you read reddit, but Chicago Bulls subreddit is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Kendall Gill and Will Purdue at 5pm on October 16th. If you're not familiar with it, people can ask them any questions and they'll answer handful of questions they have time for. Obviously being a big Flying Illini fan and the rumor of Gill helping out with our program, I'd love the opportunity to ask some questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chicagobulls

Watched a bit of the Bulls/Sixers last night.

Man, if Embiid could stay on the court for more than 30 minutes a game, he’d lead the League in scoring. Dude’s a beast.

The Bulls coukd be a really fun team to watch when Markannen comes back. Of course, part of the fun will be seeing how quickly the other team’s players blow by the putrid Bulls’ defense.