NBA / Illini in the Pros Thread

Sycamore, Illinois
Looked like he was dragging a little at the end of the 3rd period. When was the last time he logged these kind of minutes?

Edit: looks like he’s getting a break now. Assuming Portland will want to ride the hot hand as long as it’s working.

Leonard has kind of had an odd pro career. He has been in and out of the rotation. He has the one season where he shot 90, 50, 40 percent, which is rate, though he was short on attempts to actually join the elite club, apparently. He has shown tons of potential, and really just not fully blossomed.

Also, it is just kind of weird that he is such a good shooter now, considering he wasn't a big shooter in college or his first couple years in the pros.

Side note: His transformation into a shooter is not as crazy or surprising as Channing Frye, he didn't shoot 3s in college, then barely did in his first like 4 seasons as a pro, then all of a sudden he is a high volume and high percentage 3 point shooter.

Leonard has kind of had an odd pro career. He has been in and out of the rotation. He has the one season where he shot 90, 50, 40 percent, which is rate, though he was short on attempts to actually join the elite club, apparently. He has shown tons of potential, and really just not fully blossomed.

Also, it is just kind of weird that he is such a good shooter now, considering he wasn't a big shooter in college or his first couple years in the pros.

Side note: His transformation into a shooter is not as crazy or surprising as Channing Frye, he didn't shoot 3s in college, then barely did in his first like 4 seasons as a pro, then all of a sudden he is a high volume and high percentage 3 point shooter.
Meyers showed the ability to shoot in college. He has fantastic hand-eye coordination, and excellent overall athleticism for his size. I don't think he makes reads as quickly as most NBA players, so I think he's needed more repetition than most to get up to speed on some of the mental aspects of play-making and defense. Loved how he was a kid at heart on the court. He's a great success story, and I think his natural gifts gave him more time than a lot of players would have gotten. Easy kid to root for, and even easier to root for knowing he wanted to go pro early to help out his family.

Also side note: with shooting being dissected like it is today, you can rework a bad shot into a better shot. It can be difficult to unlearn bad habits, but athletes can be pretty successful with it in the long run. I believe Ayo has put a lot into his shot. Something about the way the ball comes from his chest looks low/off to me, but my opinion doesn't matter if he gets off the shot and it goes in :)