NCAA Issues/Scandals/Corruption

Bruce Pascoe@BrucePascoe · 1h

Arizona acknowledges it has received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA but says it won't release it "in order to protect the integrity of the ongoing enforcement process."

NCAA is a complete joke. It's obvious to everyone at this point. There is absolutely no incentive to run a "clean" program anymore

Yup. If we perform to expectations and start making some real dough for the NCAA, seems like it's in our best interest to get sanctions. After all, if you run a blatantly dirty program, get sanctions, and still rope in top recruits, you get your cake and eat it too.

NCAA is a complete joke. It's obvious to everyone at this point. There is absolutely no incentive to run a "clean" program anymore

Keep in mind that the NCAA definition of "clean" is 'out of sight'. And if you make a mess, sweep it back under the rug to get it out of sight, OR ELSE!!*

*They will find a mid-major or small program to make an example of. You've been warned

Flight#33

Flight#33
I feel like Illinois is a program that the NCAA would use as an example if they got caught. Call it a hangover from Satan, but they never found anything on Deon Thomas, yet Illinois was given probation

Somebody on Reddit said that you should be required to announce it for a future season so players can have the chance to use their transfer and so recruits can know before they sign.

That makes too much sense so you know the ncaa will never do it.

Auburn men's basketball program self-imposing postseason ban for 2020-21 season (msn.com)

Nice one Pearl, ban yourself when there is a good chance there may not be a post season.

As a punishment, I like the idea of a post-season ban coupled with giving athletes the ability to transfer with immediate eligibility. Would really put some teeth into enforcement. Combine that with banning the coach, and you might see some restraint or adherence to the rules.

Unfortunately, the rules are such a cluster* that no amount of reform on the enforcement side is going to clean things up. As long as recruiting is set up to keep athletes from getting their market value, and redirect revenue from the player to the NCAA, the market will continue to try and correct the problem. The worse the system, the worse the problem will be.

illini80

Forgottonia
As a punishment, I like the idea of a post-season ban coupled with giving athletes the ability to transfer with immediate eligibility. Would really put some teeth into enforcement. Combine that with banning the coach, and you might see some restraint or adherence to the rules.

Unfortunately, the rules are such a cluster* that no amount of reform on the enforcement side is going to clean things up. As long as recruiting is set up to keep athletes from getting their market value, and redirect revenue from the player to the NCAA, the market will continue to try and correct the problem. The worse the system, the worse the problem will be.
The NCAA in its present form is in a free fall. With the new transfer rules, player likeness rules, and other possible changes allowing the players larger stipends, they will have little to no ability to enforce or prove anything imo. Not that they really do now except a few isolated cases. I mean look how long it's been taking when the FBI basically did all the work. The NCAA still has no idea what to do with the information thrown in their lap. They are a joke and everyone knows it. Eventually something new will replace it, but I don't know when or what that will look like.

Arizona trying to get ahead of the inevitable, and avoid the worst. A one year ban seems light given all the level 1 violations, but this seems like a smart move. If they get more serious punishment, at least part of it will be behind them, and the more they have behind them, the better chances they have with future recruiting.

AZ announces post season ban

azillini1

Scottsdale
University of AZ Notice of Allegations Finally Available. ESPN had to go to the Superior Court in AZ to finally get the U of A to disclose NCAA claims of 5 Level 1 NCAA Violations. I believe the U of A refused to disclose the contents of this NOA for several months.

Hope the NCAA gets Arizona and Sean Miller for this and also Blue Bloods/dirty programs like Kansas and Auburn.

Glad my children didn't go there (went to ASU). Notice history of violations in the article.

Enjoy... finally some action by the NCAA:

NCAA Notice of Allegations against University of Arizona includes five Level 1 charges | Arizona Wildcats basketball | tucson.com

Last edited:
University of AZ Notice of Allegations Finally Available. ESPN had to go to the Superior Court in AZ to finally get the U of A to disclose NCAA claims of 5 Level 1 NCAA Violations. I believe the U of A refused to disclose the contents of this NOA for several months.

Hope the NCAA gets Arizona and Sean Miller for this and also Blue Bloods/dirty programs like Kansas and Auburn.

Glad my children didn't go there (went to ASU). Notice history of violations in the article.

Enjoy... finally some action by the NCAA:

NCAA Notice of Allegations against University of Arizona includes five Level 1 charges | Arizona Wildcats basketball | tucson.com
Meh, filing allegations is something the NCAA isn’t that bad at. It’s actually following up with real consequences against blue blood’s where they’ve never shown any willingness to act. Wake me when something actually happens to AZ, Kansas, UNC, etc.

azillini1

Scottsdale
Meh, filing allegations is something the NCAA isn’t that bad at. It’s actually following up with real consequences against blue blood’s where they’ve never shown any willingness to act. Wake me when something actually happens to AZ, Kansas, UNC, etc.
I know the NCAA files these types allegations every year. However, the point of the posting was that AZ refused to disclose any of the allegations for over 2 months. Local papers and press tried to get information on the allegations and the U of A refused. ESPN had to take them to AZ Superior Court to obtain any information. The University had self imposed sanctions but refused to provide any reason. And they self imposed sanctions in a year that they had a down team.