NCAA Tournament Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN Bubble Watch has moved us from Should Be In to the Locks

giphy.gif

I’d love see the two indiana teams left out, but am also wanting as many b10 teams as possible to make it. Torn.

I'm really hoping for a 6 seed. I perceive that to be the most ideal spot for a team like this to succeed from.

You get a proper challenge from either a good mid major or (more likely) a marginal major conference team, then go up against a formidable foe..but not the very best in the second round. If you make it past that, maybe havoc has been made for the 16 and 8 round.

I've always liked that placement.

I don’t understand how we are still be considered for 8-9 seed in the NCAA tournament and teams like Michigan, Ohio stage who are 500 or below in big ten are higher. We are winning on the road. I am thinking 5-7 seed if we make deep run or win BTT then 4. Don’t understand how they evaluate it. They penalize you if you don’t blow a team out..? Strange

I'm really hoping for a 6 seed. I perceive that to be the most ideal spot for a team like this to succeed from.

You get a proper challenge from either a good mid major or (more likely) a marginal major conference team, then go up against a formidable foe..but not the very best in the second round. If you make it past that, maybe havoc has been made for the 16 and 8 round.

I've always liked that placement.
Agreed with this if you aren't a 4 seed, which I don't think Illinois can get to unless they win out.

6 seed avoids the 5-12 match up and you are off the 1 seed side of the bracket. You will see the 3 seed, but Illinois can give a game to any 3 seed this year.

I don’t understand how we are still be considered for 8-9 seed in the NCAA tournament and teams like Michigan, Ohio stage who are 500 or below in big ten are higher. We are winning on the road. I am thinking 5-7 seed if we make deep run or win BTT then 4. Don’t understand how they evaluate it. They penalize you if you don’t blow a team out..? Strange

Our NET ranking is low because we didn't have any good non-con wins and we had 2 bad non-con losses. Look at what Ohio State did in the non conference schedule. That is why their NET is so high

Our NET ranking is low because we didn't have any good non-con wins and we had 2 bad non-con losses. Look at what Ohio State did in the non conference schedule. That is why their NET is so high
Wisconsin lost to New Mexico and Richmond if I'm not mistaken, so........Plus we have 4 Quad 1A wins, none of those teams have that. OSU I get, but Michigan and Purdue, both of whom we beat twice...GMAB.

Wisconsin lost to New Mexico and Richmond if I'm not mistaken, so........Plus we have 4 Quad 1A wins, none of those teams have that. OSU I get, but Michigan and Purdue, both of whom we beat twice...GMAB.
Richmond is not a bad loss. That's going to be an NCAA at large team.

ILLINI76

Springfiled, IL.
Wisconsin has 8 quad 1 wins plus has only play 6 quad 4 games and Michigan has 7 quad 1 wins plus played only 5 quad 4 games. We have play 9 quad 4 games.

Look at the non conference schedules and results. That's the difference. They take ALL the games into consideration. Our first 11....not so hot.

Richmond is NET 48 so that is not a bad loss at this point. Wisconsin also has 8 quad 1 wins (also 8 Q1 losses so their SOS is high) compared to our 5 quad 1 wins.

Michigan has a 7-10 quad 1 record so their SOS is higher than Illinois as well.

The rankings seem alright to me except for Purdue. Win the next two games and the computer will like us a lot more.

6 seed is the goal. Win the next two and that should be our 'floor' for a seed. Big Ten teams are going to get slotted in the 8/9 and 7/10 games, with a lack of 1/2 seeds in the conference, the 10 projected teams will be sprinkled throughout, the committee will have no choice but to slot BT teams in those games.

Still think some posters who keep talking about a 4 seed are sniffing the glue. B1G record is completely irrelevant. I don't even think they see it on the form. Its total season record, and our NC sucks, we have to own that for the whole season.

Lunardi still has us as an 8 seed. Has IU as a 10. My opinion - we should be a 7 and Indiana first 4 out. He certainly doesn't seem to like us too much
He also has PSU at a 4, which is hard to believe after they have lost 3 out of their last 4 and down to the 5 seed in the B1G Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.