NCAA Tournament Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on today's SOR (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bpi/_/dir/asc/view/overview/sort/sorrank) , here would be the B1G seedings:

Maryland - 2
MSU - 3
Wisconsin - 4
Ohio State - 5
PSU - 6
Illinois - 6
Iowa - 6
Michigan - 6
Rutgers - 8
Indiana - 8
Purdue - 12 / Last 4 in

EDIT: Regarding what it really means, the SOR has historically been a very close approximator to the committee's seedings, and since it's updated daily, it's a fairly good assessment as to where teams are at at a given moment, especially during tournament time. A particularly interesting team in these seedings would be Arizona, who has suddenly fallen behind Purdue and out of the tournament due to their recent play.

What's the chance of no fans? Can't think they would cancel-doubt they will. Maybe move locations?

What's the chance of no fans? Can't think they would cancel-doubt they will. Maybe move locations?
I think it's going to be both. The Governor of Ohio recommended there be no large indoor gatherings. The MAC conference tournament is going to be played in front of no fans, just family and essential personnel.

Dayton has the First Four and Cleveland has the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Now, it was up to the MAC to make the decision with no fans. Not sure what the NCAA will decide regarding the tournament. I think you're going to see some locations with fans and some without.

Greensboro is holding the ACC tournament and the NCAA. Indy is holding the Big Ten and NCAA. St. Louis held the Missouri Valley and the NCAA.

Could be a case by case decision. We'll know soon.

That's not what he said. He's RECOMMENDING no large indoor gatherings for HS, College or Pro sports.

The NCAA and the NBA couldn't give less of a darn what he recommends. Now, if public health officials and the NCAA Coronavirus panel deem it unsafe.....that's a different ballgame altogether. The NCAA would have to react in some fashion, which could include moving locations.

It will be interesting.
Not that it matters, but I took it verbatim off the news release earlier.

10:00 am Wed 3/11.....Fauci recommending that the NBA play without audiences. "As a public health official, we recommend against large crowds". This does not bode well for NCAA.

10:00 am Wed 3/11.....Fauci recommending that the NBA play without audiences. "As a public health official, we recommend against large crowds". This does not bode well for NCAA.
I agree, that would put the kabosh on the NCAA playing with fans. I know the NBA was considering moving their games to locations with no or minimal outbreak.

That would be brutal for some of these teams and players who haven't been(including ours). The fans will get over it. There's always next year. It's a one time shot for many of these guys. Terribly unfortunate for the kids if that's the final decision.

Last edited:
Had the exact same thought as I was flipping through news stories this morning

Just wanted to put out there that the three main teams that could have positive implications on our tournament profile are: Rutgers, Purdue, and Old Dominion. Rutgers is 31 in NET and probably a Michigan win away from giving us a Q1 victory at home over them. Purdue sits at 33 and not only are they fighting to make the field, but would probably register as a Q1 win for us if they beat Ohio St and Michigan State. Thirdly, Old Dominion sits just outside of Q3 territory, and a deep run or championship in their tournament would help us there. With the Rutgers and Purdue scenarios possibly playing out and a presumable win over Iowa or Minnesota. We would have 8 Q1 wins by the end of Friday.

Rutgers now 30 (yay).

So for purposes of improving team sheet with Q1 wins today we should be rooting for:
Marquette (L)
Florida (L)
Rutgers (W)
Purdue (W)
Iowa (W)

Then tomorrow, at minimum:
LSU (L)
Auburn (L)
Colorado (L)

Status
Not open for further replies.