NCAA Tournament Canceled

Deleted member 29907

D
I say televise last years tourney at the same times as the original games...

This too shall pass? Sure, except that for so many young athletes this is the only time, forever. It had to be done, but that does make it any less crushing.

Disagee strongly. They don’t need to physically get together to spend day or to doing this.

While the technology is certainly available to not do this face to face, it doesn't really matter anyway. NCAA Senior VP of basketball Dan Gavitt himself even said in a statement that was released on Sunday said that the women's committee hadn't begun the selection process and that the men's committee had only just started.

He also said that it really wouldn't be fair to do so with so many conference tournaments that were ultimately cancelled.

illiniCA

DC Area
While the technology is certainly available to not do this face to face, it doesn't really matter anyway. NCAA Senior VP of basketball Dan Gavitt himself even said in a statement that was released on Sunday said that the women's committee hadn't begun the selection process and that the men's committee had only just started.

He also said that it really wouldn't be fair to do so with so many conference tournaments that were ultimately cancelled.

yeah I don't agree. its more unfair that Rutgers goes another year without a tourney selection

Seems easy to me. You ask the conferences to name their champion and then you fill in the bracket. Teams like Rutgers and Hofstra deserve to hang a banner. What do these guys have to do other than sit around and talk on skype. Crazy.

I don't there is a need for bracket. It's just wasted time on something that isn't 100% true since the conference tournaments do change things.

Don't coaches and staff have bonuses attached to appearances in the tournament, thought they might go through the process for that.

Don't coaches and staff have bonuses attached to appearances in the tournament, thought they might go through the process for that.

I think this is interesting. Every bubble team that has ever missed the tournament has thought they were a tournament team. Their coach, players, and sometimes AD will say as much when they’ve missed. Since those teams always think they should be in, every bubble coach has a legit case to be paid that bonus this year. what is the athletic administration gonna do, say that they wouldn’t have it made when they were on the bubble every year but this year? Then you’d know they’re just trying not to pay you.

the teams like us that knew they were in just need to pay up.

I think this is interesting. Every bubble team that has ever missed the tournament has thought they were a tournament team. Their coach, players, and sometimes AD will say as much when they’ve missed. Since those teams always think they should be in, every bubble coach has a legit case to be paid that bonus this year. what is the athletic administration gonna do, say that they wouldn’t have it made when they were on the bubble every year but this year? Then you’d know they’re just trying not to pay you.

the teams like us that knew they were in just need to pay up.

Well I would think that a lot of the schools that pay bonuses to their coaching staffs when making the tourney, were counting on (or at least some) the money they would make from the tourney appearance to pay those bonuses....this to me would be a situation where the school and the coaches should agree to re-visit that part of the coaches contracts and come to a compromise...pay a portion of the bonus (possibly a percentage) but not the entire amount called for in the original contract....time for understanding and compromise by both party's

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I've got BBQ with a Cinderella run to the Final Four vs. Watch TV

F3CC3984-2030-49BE-8F2E-377294705861.jpeg