NCAA Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be into that sorta thing, now not so much.

I don't know why.

I’m on the fence, or maybe I’ll call it a bubble, for being into it

Deleted member 29907

D
Dang - past the I's already - we not in

Deleted member 29907

D
This is a terrible way to do this - no drama. What idiot bullied their way to making this decision against all voice of reason?

Deleted member 29907

D
Syracuse in instead of Louisville and ND out. At least they didn't put ND in based on 'potential'

Deleted member 29907

D
one of Izzo or K not getting out of their region - noice

Deleted member 29907

D
always good to see 3 x-illini coaches in the dance

Deleted member 29907

D
Dook and UNC seeded 2 - guess the strategy is to play like crap against each other recently so you can both claim how tough each other team is..

Deleted member 29907

D
Tourney committee chair said Notre Dame was knocked out when Davidson won A-10 tournament today.

Nice. Someone has to explain the - 'they would have won x more games with <player y> not injured' method of putting teams in the tourney. There is no way you can account for that fairly across all teams - so basically the default needs to be win/loss SoS, etc.

Using this theory - JG should have gotten us to the tourney if Mike Thorne, Tate, KN, etc had not gotten injured during the season. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Someone has to explain the - 'they would have won x more games with <player y> not injured'. There is no way you can account for that fairly across all teams - so basically the default needs to be win/loss SoS, etc.

Using this theory - JG should have gotten us to the tourney if Mike Thorne, Tate, KN, etc had not gotten injured during the season. ;)

ND beat Witchita State, Syracuse, Florida State, Virginia Tech. They were KenPom 31, two teams higher in KenPom did not make it (St. Mary’s and Penn State.) Alabama was KenPom 51, Oklahoma 47, St. Bonaventure 69, etc., etc. BPI 33, same story. ND had a case as legit as all the other bubble teams. As will all the bubble teams, they could have won a couple more games too.

I used to eagerly look forward to selection Sunday. It’s lost it’s luster without Illinois being part of the conversation. Maybe next year☺️

Status
Not open for further replies.