NCAA Upholds Mizzou Post-Season Ban and All Other Sanctions

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
I know how we all feel about MIZZOU on the field, but this decision by the NCAA is absolutely absurd and will ensure schools never self-report any sanctions. It'll always be DENY, DENY, DENY, and make the NCAA show proof of everything. Here's a summary of sanctions levied found on a Reddit thread:

Postseason bans of 3? (I've read one) years plus the following for football, baseball, and softball:
- ~$10M in losses to athletic department, mostly due to not receiving SEC bowl game payouts
- Fines of $5K + 1% of the program's budget
- 5% scholarship reduction
- vacation of wins
- 7 week ban on unofficial visits
- 12.5% reduction in official visits; this amounts to 7 visits in football
- 7 week ban on recruiting communications
- 7 week ban on all off-campus recruiting contracts and evaluations for the coaches
- 12.5% reduction in recruiting-person or evaluation days; this amounts to 27 total days for football coaches

Here's an article describing what occurred that lead to today:

https://missouri.rivals.com/news/sources-appeals-committee-upholds-mizzou-s-postseason-ban

You know the NCAA is garbage when it forces fan bases that hate each other are empathizing with each other ... at the end of the day, at least Missouri, Indiana, Iowa, etc. have to play by the same rules as us. :cautious:

More difficult to fire Odom now / get a good replacement? (Yeah unreasonable punishment sure, but also, still Mizzou šŸ˜)

BZuppke

Plainfield
The NCAA was so mad at PSU they put Missouri on probation. I know it is an old joke but thereā€™s a reason to top programs get a pass and the others get nailed. Complete BS.

BO will stay for now I think. ESPN St Louis was talking about this coaching matter this afternoon. Their take was that no coach would be interested in a position where they are facing 2 losing seasons before they can get out from under the effects of the ban.

Mizzou self reported and was completely cooperative and yet got slammed.

Having said that the lady had made the accusations on facebook so it was kind of hard to duck them.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
If any team was going to get screwed by the NCAA, Iā€™m glad it was Miznoz. That being said, this sets a terrible precedent.

I know how we all feel about MIZZOU on the field, but this decision by the NCAA is absolutely absurd and will ensure schools never self-report any sanctions. It'll always be DENY, DENY, DENY, and make the NCAA show proof of everything. Here's a summary of sanctions levied found on a Reddit thread:

Postseason bans of 3? (I've read one) years plus the following for football, baseball, and softball:
- ~$10M in losses to athletic department, mostly due to not receiving SEC bowl game payouts
- Fines of $5K + 1% of the program's budget
- 5% scholarship reduction
- vacation of wins
- 7 week ban on unofficial visits
- 12.5% reduction in official visits; this amounts to 7 visits in football
- 7 week ban on recruiting communications
- 7 week ban on all off-campus recruiting contracts and evaluations for the coaches
- 12.5% reduction in recruiting-person or evaluation days; this amounts to 27 total days for football coaches

Here's an article describing what occurred that lead to today:

https://missouri.rivals.com/news/sources-appeals-committee-upholds-mizzou-s-postseason-ban
Yes this isnā€™t Kentucky Kansas North Carolina duke Michigan of course they blow up misery who are they anyway signed the even more corrupt NCAA

The NCAA was so mad at PSU they put Missouri on probation. I know it is an old joke but thereā€™s a reason to top programs get a pass and the others get nailed. Complete BS.

I think in this case, the joke needs to be North Carolina and Mizzou