Nebraska 42, Illinois 38 POSTGAME

Without the turnovers, this isn’t close. The TO fairy was on our side. To be fair, we hit hard. But....when guys are wide open in the middle of the field carving you up, I’m not sure the big hits matter.

Peters is a lot like the defense, feast or famine. Makes a throw that is incredible then throws 4 or 5 awful balls. Wildly inconsistent. But, I don’t think we have a better option.

Deleted member 654622

D
It took all the way to the Iowa game last year to kill my happiness for the college football season. 4 weeks in this year...

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
Funny thing is, if you told me Illinois would only lose by 4 to Nebraska, I would have been thrilled, but that's because I assumed they went 3-0 in nonconference play and that there were improvements defensively (plus, assumptions that Nebraska would be better than they have shown thus far). A 42-38 loss to a decent conference opponent feels a lot worse than it should because we know it's not going to get any better on defense. At least Rod may remember he has one of the best running backs in the conference.