OH
Nothing on here about Neil Armstrong?

He inspired a generation of engineers.

A great man that will be dearly missed.

Chi-Town
Nothing on here about Neil Armstrong?

He inspired a generation of engineers.

A great man that will be dearly missed.
Neil Armstrong did not just inspire a generation of engineers. He inspired a generation of kids. He was my first hero and I can still hear my mom saying if Neil Armstrong can go to the moon and back, I can do anything.

He was a true hero and will be missed.

Northbrook
He holds a singular place in history and as far as I know, he never made it about him at all. Probably not a lot of us on here that remember that "one small step for man". I was laying in bed in a small motel room in Door County watching it on a small B&W TV. I was amazed that I could actually see it live.

Truly an American hero, of the type that you find it hard to even imagine us replicating today.

But honestly, am I the only whose first reaction to hearing Neil Armstrong was dead was: "Neil Armstrong was still alive?"

The man must have been very covetous of his privacy, because you sure never saw him anywhere in the public eye.

Northbrook
But honestly, am I the only whose first reaction to hearing Neil Armstrong was dead was: "Neil Armstrong was still alive?"
You're probably not. I had that reaction with Phyllis Diller.

That's a winner!!
OH
Truly an American hero, of the type that you find it hard to even imagine us replicating today.

The man must have been very covetous of his privacy, because you sure never saw him anywhere in the public eye.
He stopped signing autographs some years ago, he was very humble, a reluctant hero you could call him.

He lived in Cincinnati in a very nice neighborhood, even living here, I didn't know he was so close until now.

Hopefully we get the chance to follow Neil back to the moon, we need to be there and beyond (Mars). I for one would definitely be a pioneer in Armstrong City on the moon.

A Legend in My Own Mind
Montgomery, IL
Last week was not a good one for people named Armstrong. :eek: