News-Gazette: Brad Underwood cleared in DIA Investigation into his coaching

illiniCA

DC Area
illiniCA —

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. To clarify, under my scenario, you only go “out-of-house” if an initial in-house investigation concludes that no misconduct occurred. If the in-house review concludes that misconduct did, indeed, take place, the process would not automatically provide for an independent investigation.

It just doesn’t make sense to me. Either you think the administration will cover things up to some degree or you don’t. They could cover things up when they find something too (I.e. downplay findings).

IMO it make sense to investigate the allegations internally and if you find something turn the investigation over immediately.

the national

the Front Range
There are so many aspects about this that bother me. After scandals at other Big Ten Universities as well as our own, I have high standards of for our review process. I want to make sure things are handled properly. But....I also believe some in the university despise the athletic program and would like nothing more than smear it and show how corrupt bigtime sports are. In addition, we have a kid who struggled as a freshman and took advantage of the university for his own gain when he decided to transfer.

So many people working for their own good and at the expense of others. In all this, I think the current players statements tell me what I need to know. Their support goes along way in my book.

Foggy Notion

San Francisco
We didn't have treadmills then, but my old drill sergeant made me do one hell of a lot of pushups... One of the greatest makers of men I ever met... and everyday I was in RVN I thanked him for making me stronger....

1555182130042.png

It appears from one of the News Gazette articles that the faculty members are just upset that they were told by both Whitman and Jones to "stay in your lane"

Deleted member 8632

D
I'm ready for a Christopher Walken skit......MORE TREADMILL!

Hands Malone

Quad-Cities, IL
Now can we just move on. A certain player was over rated and over hyped and apparently wasn't able to handle the Underwood system. he need to go to a place where he could play a zone defense and just shoot three's. He's there and Illinois knows his weaknesses for the next time they see him.

I’m confused to why Leroy and Raycraft were quoted in an article saying “we found the information credible...and disturbing”?? Are they whistle blowers saying the university is covering things up by only doing an internal investigation? They obviously viewed the documents and information as inappropriate??

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I'm ready for a Christopher Walken skit......MORE TREADMILL!
tumblr_o5j1sgN2H81qd4q8ao1_500.gif

" When coach Underwood says get on the treadmill, you get on the damn treadmill. "

2h7ga2v (1).gif

" Not again, please no more . "

5d3bf00c-1c14-4021-8c82-2fa515e17bd1.gif

" The treadmill conspiracy holds no water......Drink, drink from the Illini tree of life "

giphy (4).gif

" It's treadmill time soldier "........

Last edited:

Deleted member 29907

D
People who make false accusations should face penalties as severe as what the person being accused would face.
Once you make false accusations about someone, there’s always a group that will believe them even after being proven innocent.
I think retribution comes in the form of a hard foul during Braggin' Rights.

People who make false accusations should face penalties as severe as what the person being accused would face.
Once you make false accusations about someone, there’s always a group that will believe them even after being proven innocent.

That group is the NCAA....

illiniCA —

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. To clarify, under my scenario, you only go “out-of-house” if an initial in-house investigation concludes that no misconduct occurred. If the in-house review concludes that misconduct did, indeed, take place, the process would not automatically provide for an independent investigation.

So yopur internal investigation concludes there is no probable cause to believe the allegations are true, but you spend a bunch of money anyway on outside investigators? Ridiculous...you want to complain about the process feel free, also the two faculty members, please forward your complaints so that they can all be safely placed in the circular file we keep especially for these types of complaints.