Next Gen Video Gaming - PS4 / Xbox One

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Anyone getting the new COD? This is their last chance with me. Giving them one last try on Tuesday

This will be the first one since COD4 that I'll be passing on. I guess if reviews are stellar, I may pick it up eventually, but I'm not counting on that.

Anyone getting the new COD? This is their last chance with me. Giving them one last try on Tuesday

What is it about COD MW3 that you don't like? I play it a lot and have also played Ghost. I have BF4 and play it on occasion but it's much more complicated. Just curious. I will wait on revues of COD AW before purchasing it.

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
MW3 was okay. Black Ops 2 was great, and then they brought us the worst game ever made in Ghosts. That game was just plain awful. But they keep having the same problems game after game with their game play/multiplayer.

BF4 is fantastic.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
MW3 was okay. Black Ops 2 was great, and then they brought us the worst game ever made in Ghosts. That game was just plain awful. But they keep having the same problems game after game with their game play/multiplayer.

BF4 is fantastic.
Personally, I like their WWII games better than modern. But I'm a big WWII history buff anyway, so I'm biased.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
What are the best WWII video games?

I like the Medal of Honor and the original COD games. Unfortunately a lot of them were made for PS2 & original XBox platforms. I'm trying to remember if there are good WWII games on the 360/PS3 platforms but can't come up with any.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
I would like to see COD step away from the modern stuff for a while and do some more WWII for the PS4/Xbox One. Think it'll still be a huge hit.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
I like the Medal of Honor and the original COD games. Unfortunately a lot of them were made for PS2 & original XBox platforms. I'm trying to remember if there are good WWII games on the 360/PS3 platforms but can't come up with any.

Call of Duty 2 was a 360 game.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
I played the first Call of Duty on PC. Had Captain Foley, Sgt. Price...Moody was in there. Had missions like the dambusters, steering a Russian tank, Allied D-Day invasion at night with all the paratroopers....I miss that game.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
ICYMI - GTA V comes out for PS4 / XB1 on the 18th and will have the option to play in either the standard third person or a the brand new first person view.

[YOUTUBE]7oFmRN0oadI[/YOUTUBE]

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Damn, that looks like so much fun. I'd probably be god awful at driving in first person though.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Apparently we've been playing Destiny wrong... (the end is great)

[YOUTUBE]mmpBN7L46AU[/YOUTUBE]

IlliniRunIn07

Tampa, FL
So I'm planning on buying AC: Unity when it comes out soon. I've never really checked out any of the Assassin's Creed games so I picked up Black Flag last week at a discounted prince to try it out. I absolutely love it. I did literally no research on it before I bought it, and at first the whole pirate theme seemed lame and cheesy to me, but I have been borderline obsessed the last week playing Black Flag, and I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Anyone get the Halo Master Chief Addition? I preordered but probably won't get it until tomorrow. I heard there were major issues with regard to matchmaking. Incidentally, Destiny on Xbox One had network issues. Just played some Titanfall for a while.

DanvIllini

Super Lurker
Danville, IL
I got it. Didn't put the disc in until late last night. Took forever to load. I was able to get on and play some custom games. Just like the originals.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
I got it. Didn't put the disc in until late last night. Took forever to load. I was able to get on and play some custom games. Just like the originals.

I loaded the 21 GB update overnight last night. CE looks pretty awesome with the makeover.

IlliniRunIn07

Tampa, FL
Bumping this thread as I have made several new additions to my PS4, but Sony and Spotify partnered to make Spotify available via the PS4. Yesterday was the first day I tried it out, and what an awesome addition.

Also, Bloodborne came out this past week. I've never tried any of the other games in the series, but what a blast. I'm really enjoying this game. It is probably the first PS4 exclusive that really makes me feel good about my PS4 purchase.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Also, Bloodborne came out this past week. I've never tried any of the other games in the series, but what a blast. I'm really enjoying this game. It is probably the first PS4 exclusive that really makes me feel good about my PS4 purchase.

After hearing some friends rave about it, I bought Bloodborne last night. Wow - is it challenging, but I can't wait to get home from work and pick up the controller.

IlliniRunIn07

Tampa, FL
After hearing some friends rave about it, I bought Bloodborne last night. Wow - is it challenging, but I can't wait to get home from work and pick up the controller.

I gotta ask, were you close to putting the game away for good? I could not really get past the first part (Central Yarnham), and wasn't really sure what to do after a good 5+ hours. I came so close to just giving up, but I'm so glad I didn't. It just took awhile for it to click for me.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I gotta ask, were you close to putting the game away for good? I could not really get past the first part (Central Yarnham), and wasn't really sure what to do after a good 5+ hours. I came so close to just giving up, but I'm so glad I didn't. It just took awhile for it to click for me.

Yeah - the beginning was the most frustrating, until I realized that I didn't have to kill everything and could run past quite a few enemies (never played a Souls game before). Now I know that opening up shortcuts is one of the main objectives. I'm still going slow. I've beaten the first 2 bosses and am hanging out in old Yharnam and working my way to the 3rd. IMO - it's by far the most interesting PS4 game to date.

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
Battlefield Hardline has won me over for the most part. Campaign stinks, but the multiplayer is unique. It needs more weapons and it's got thr usual overpowering of certain weapons (anytime a stun gun is the most powerful, not good).

Overall a good game though.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
The stealthy part of the campaign turned me off to that game. I prefer co-op to MP so I'm not sure I would get that game until it goes on sale.