Next Gen Video Gaming - PS4 / Xbox One

bdutts

Houston, Texas
I know guys that have each. Don't know which they prefer.

IlliniRunIn07

Tampa, FL
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but I've been playing that game Dying Light a lot recently. I bought it a few months ago, not long after it came out. I really enjoyed it, but stopped playing it to give some other games a try. After picking it back up again lately, what an enjoyable experience that game is. It's available for Xbox and PS4, and I highly recommend it.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Not directly related to this thread, but I ran into an Xbox gamertag of "Juice Williams" the other day in BF4.

does anyone know where i can find a list of xbox games that have backward compatibility for xbox one? I was interested to know if any of the ncaa football or basketball games were on the list? (I hope that they start making new ncaa football and basketball games. I doubt it. with all of the legal action that is going on, it seems unlikely.)

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Anyone getting The Division for Xbox? I downloaded it yesterday and will fire it up today after work.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Anyone getting The Division for Xbox? I downloaded it yesterday and will fire it up today after work.

I've got it coming today for PS4. I played the closed beta back in January and it was quite fun.

bdutts

Houston, Texas

I only had one hiccup and that was when I was trying to design my character. Lost connection to the server so I had to do it all over again. This was about 12:30 central time in the US. Otherwise, it's been fine.

I wasn't sure I would like the game (I am more of a run and gun guy than cover) but was playing co op with a friend and it's an absolute blast.

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
I only had one hiccup and that was when I was trying to design my character. Lost connection to the server so I had to do it all over again. This was about 12:30 central time in the US. Otherwise, it's been fine.

I wasn't sure I would like the game (I am more of a run and gun guy than cover) but was playing co op with a friend and it's an absolute blast.

I've been out of town this week but me and about 5 other guys will be playing this game. They are leveling up quick and tell me the dead zone is insanity. Can't wait to get home and play n

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Any Portal fans out there? I'm not particularly enthusiastic about VR headsets, but this is a pretty cool demo.

Heads up, little bit of language in the video from the guys doing the demo.

[YOUTUBE]q4zr5Eq_F5g[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

bdutts

Houston, Texas
I've been out of town this week but me and about 5 other guys will be playing this game. They are leveling up quick and tell me the dead zone is insanity. Can't wait to get home and play n

Played the DZ last night. You would need to get your character up to at least level 10 before going in unless your group is going to do all of the heavy lifting. Yeah, it's insane for sure. Gotta stick with your group and watch for those guys who try to go rogue and steal your stuff.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Any Portal fans out there? I'm not particularly enthusiastic about VR headsets, but this is a pretty cool demo.

Heads up, little bit of language in the video from the guys doing the demo.

[YOUTUBE]q4zr5Eq_F5g[/YOUTUBE]

I liked Portal. Didn't they make a Portal II? Didn't play that but Portal was really fun I thought.

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
Played the DZ last night. You would need to get your character up to at least level 10 before going in unless your group is going to do all of the heavy lifting. Yeah, it's insane for sure. Gotta stick with your group and watch for those guys who try to go rogue and steal your stuff.

I finally got past level 15. Dark zone can be epic if you have a crew. If you don't have one, you are more than welcome to join us. We have about 5 guys that play regularly.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
I haven't had a ton of time to play, but I'm trying to keep my mission / story level and DZ level relatively close (12-13 in each). I've been loan wolfing it in the DZ and just grouping with some randoms and it's worked pretty well. The penalty for dying as a rogue is enough that it seems most people would rather work together against the NPCs without needing to turn on each other. I guess that may change as the I continue to progress.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
I finally got past level 15. Dark zone can be epic if you have a crew. If you don't have one, you are more than welcome to join us. We have about 5 guys that play regularly.

I have a crew of me and usually two or three other guys. But would love to jump in with you guys. My tag is Bill The Brewer. Shoot me a friend request.

Played some of DZ01 and 02 this past Tuesday. The first 15 minutes turned into a rogue-fest. One guy in our crew went rogue (said someone jumped in front of him) so we were fighting off guys. First guy kills my friend and callsin a chopper. We go back, kill him, take his stuff and put it on the chopper. We ended up going back and forth with that crew for the next 15 minutes. Then things simmered down and back to the regularly scheduled killing of AI.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
I haven't had a ton of time to play, but I'm trying to keep my mission / story level and DZ level relatively close (12-13 in each). I've been loan wolfing it in the DZ and just grouping with some randoms and it's worked pretty well. The penalty for dying as a rogue is enough that it seems most people would rather work together against the NPCs without needing to turn on each other. I guess that may change as the I continue to progress.

I would say that's about right. What seems to happen is that if guys don't stick to cover, they zip past you when you're firing and then you turn rogue. At least that is how it's happened with my guys. Then after you die, you go back to normal but you're looking for the guy who took your stuff then kill him, thereby turning yourself rogue again. It's a vicious cycle. :)

I think I am DZ 13 and regular rank of 15.

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
You can add me, just shoot me a PM with your GT so I know who you are.

TheWhipEVV is my GT (I'll add you tonight butts)

Had a buddy tell me today he has 30K health. Wtf

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
I liked Portal. Didn't they make a Portal II? Didn't play that but Portal was really fun I thought.

Portal 2 is great. Campaign mode is much longer than the original, and there's also a co-op campaign mode. Solving puzzles with two people and 4 portals adds a whole bunch of new twists.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
You can add me, just shoot me a PM with your GT so I know who you are.

TheWhipEVV is my GT (I'll add you tonight butts)

Had a buddy tell me today he has 30K health. Wtf

PM sent. Will add you tomorrow most likely when I log on.

I think my health is somewhere around 6 or 7K and stamina is around 200. Your buddy must be have a pretty high character level.