NFL Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bears still have a pretty good chance of a .500 or even winning record. The Chiefs will just be playing for seeding while the Vikings will quite likely not have anything to play for.

Mack is a "reputation" pick. Jackson has made 1 play all year, he shouldn't sniff the Pro Bowl. Patterson is a worthy selection.

I’d call Mack a respect pick instead of a reputation pick. A guy who sees regular double teams began to see regular triple teams because Hicks got hurt. That is an offense screaming we respect you and are terrified of you. He’s the guy OC’s told their team can’t beat them defensively. That is a worthy pick imo.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Mack is a "reputation" pick. Jackson has made 1 play all year, he shouldn't sniff the Pro Bowl. Patterson is a worthy selection.
Not sure what you are basing this on, but he ranks out pretty well among NFC dbs in most stats. He isn't leading a single stat, but it towards the top in all of them. He is solid all around and has turned himself into a pretty good tackler. And he is on one of the top defenses in the NFC and top 10 in the NFL.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Not sure what you are basing this on, but he ranks out pretty well among NFC dbs in most stats. He isn't leading a single stat, but it towards the top in all of them. He is solid all around and has turned himself into a pretty good tackler. And he is on one of the top defenses in the NFC and top 10 in the NFL.
I totally spaced on this and was looking at Fuller stats and wasn't even thinking about Jackson. I will show myself out.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I’d call Mack a respect pick instead of a reputation pick. A guy who sees regular double teams began to see regular triple teams because Hicks got hurt. That is an offense screaming we respect you and are terrified of you. He’s the guy OC’s told their team can’t beat them defensively. That is a worthy pick imo.
I see your point to a certain extent but I hold him to a higher standard to produce considering the cash he is being paid. 7.5 sacks through 14 games doesn't cut it, not to mention there are only a few plays a game in which he is making a noticeable impact. I find it a little interesting that many people who criticize Trubisky ignore the poor play of many of his offensive teammates but whenever Mack is criticized many point out that he has been hurt by the play of his d-line mates.

Heard Anthony Herron on the Score today say, “Nagy is calling plays as if Mitch were the qb he wanted him to be instead of the qb he actually is.”

That describes it perfectly. Mitch is far from a perfect (or even good) qb, but I lay a ton of his regression and the overall offensive regression at Nagy’s feet.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Heard Anthony Herron on the Score today say, “Nagy is calling plays as if Mitch were the qb he wanted him to be instead of the qb he actually is.”

That describes it perfectly. Mitch is far from a perfect (or even good) qb, but I lay a ton of his regression and the overall offensive regression at Nagy’s feet.
On the morning show today Mully and Haugh were wondering whether the Bears were going to bring in an experienced no. 2 qb in the offseason that might actually challenge Trubisky for the starting job and came to the conclusion that they probably won't and will approach next year in a similar fashion as they did this year. They also speculated that Trubisky will probably never develop into the type of qb that you can ride to the Super Bowl but might be one you can get to the Super Bowl with. As part of that they would need to restructure the offense by adding a fullback, more physical TE's, and replace some of the OL to have more of a physical rushing threat. That does not sound like Nagy at all to me. Sometimes I think he wishes he could pass every down. I think he would like to turn the game into a track meet like KC or the Ravens but the Bears don't have anything approaching their personnel.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Another pathetic first half of Bears football. They have less than 100 yards of offense. The Chiefs are barely breaking a sweat running circles around them. The Bears are in so much trouble with their quarterback situation.

Another pathetic first half of Bears football. They have less than 100 yards of offense. The Chiefs are barely breaking a sweat running circles around them. The Bears are in so much trouble with their quarterback situation.

The offense isn't the problem tonight. The defense not being able to stop the Chiefs is the bigger issue. Chiefs controlled the clock a large majority of the 1st half.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Kind of amazing that after three years of starting Trubisky plays as if he is unaware of the rule that the quarterback can throw the ball away if he is scrambling outside of the tackle box to avoid a sack.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Bears have all of 99 net yards passing and 200 yards of total offense at the two minute warning. They were 22 in total offense last year and are 29th this season. At this point I think you have to conclude that either the personnel stinks or the coaching stinks or both. And why is Nagy using his timeouts to prolong this?

The Bears are fielding a bunch of idiots out there, from management all the way down to players. Stupid penalties like roughing the passer and running into the punter. Several inexcusable pre-snap penalties no NFL team should be making in Week 16. Matt Nagy is the biggest fraud currently employed in the NFL at the moment. Of course the Bears end up hiring the poisoned branch of the Reid coaching tree.

What a dumb decision by the Vikings there. Why call the timeout? Take the five yard penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.