NFL Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically the offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, and tight ends coach got canned. Is it personnel or coaching? You decide. Was Helfrich doing any of the play calling?

It’s a bit of a mystery as to what Helfrich’s duties were. But if he wasn’t adding anything to an offense that needs help, there’s no reason to keep him. Hopefully this paves the way for an OC with a more defined role.

Oh man. I would be livid if I were a Bills fan. They should have been using the middle of the field a whole lot sooner than that 3rd down play. Absolutely brutal playcalling.

Titans winning isn't a shock to me. Brady has been in a losing battle with father time all season long. However, I doubt he allows his career to end on this note. He'll be back.

illini80

Forgottonia
Kyle Long has announced his retirement in a tweet he posted earlier this afternoon:

Can't exactly blame him, especially given how injured he has been in recent years. Guys like him and Luck retiring in their early 30s will become more common as they start to look more long term when it comes to their health.
IMO he could have had a hall of fame career if he could have stayed healthy. It’s probably a good decision for him.

Lol, Eric Fisher (#72 of the Chiefs) just went halfway Stone Cold on those first row beers.

The Chiefs scored so much in today's game, they actually ran out of fireworks to shoot off after every TD so they had to post this on one of their videoboards:

EOHhoXXWAAAANTu.jpg

Reactions: wpr
Former Bears Jimbo Covert and Ed Sprinkle elected to the Hall of Fame. In Covert’s case it’s way past time someone from that great 80s offensive line was elected. Frankly, Jay Hilgenberg should be in, too.

Illini connection: New inductee Alex Karras is great uncle to former Illini and current Patriot Ted Karras. You should all recognize Alex as “Mongo” from Blazing Saddles. If you don’t, it’s a moral imperative that you stop what you’re doing right now and watch Blazing Saddles.

Former Bears Jimbo Covert and Ed Sprinkle elected to the Hall of Fame. In Covert’s case it’s way past time someone from that great 80s offensive line was elected. Frankly, Jay Hilgenberg should be in, too.

Illini connection: New inductee Alex Karras is great uncle to former Illini and current Patriot Ted Karras. You should all recognize Alex as “Mongo” from Blazing Saddles. If you don’t, it’s a moral imperative that you stop what you’re doing right now and watch Blazing Saddles.
In todays overtly PC climate, a disclaimer needs to be made that certain individuals may get their feelings hurt... ;-) If you happen to be one of those individuals, I hear there are 'Safe Spaces' available for your comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.