NFL Thread 2020-2021

Also has anyone seen Robert Quinn lately?
The Amber Alert that interrupted MNF might as well have been about him. I’m not sure I’ve heard his name called once since maybe the Giants game. Meanwhile, Leonard Floyd has put up 7 sacks with the Rams. I’m not upset at them moving on from Floyd, but it is yet another bad look for Pace that his big money replacement has been a dud.

Reactions: Ramrod2010
Geneseo, IL
The Amber Alert that interrupted MNF might as well have been about him. I’m not sure I’ve heard his name called once since maybe the Giants game. Meanwhile, Leonard Floyd has put up 7 sacks with the Rams. I’m not upset at them moving on from Floyd, but it is yet another bad look for Pace that his big money replacement has been a dud.
That is a ton of money invested in the defensive line.

Reactions: Ramrod2010
Geneseo, IL
I have enjoyed listening to Hub Arkush for many years, and he is still saying that it is unlikely that either Pace or Nagy get the boot after this season and he still characterizes Nagy as a "very good coach." While I would not be surprised if the McCaskeys stand pat after this year, I don't think that is the correct course. I think you could make a case that Nagy deserves one more year, but not Pace. On the other hand, it would probably be hard to fire Pace and find a good new GM who would be willing to go with a coach that isn't "his guy." My problem is, I don't see how the Bears get from point A to point C with the roster on offense. It's not like you can tinker here and there and presto a good offense will appear. You still don't have a QB that is worth a darn. How do you get one? You need three new starters on the o-line. There is so much money sunk into the defense that you will have to divest of some of that money to improve the offense. There is a ton of money tied up in the d-line for a team that won't make the playoffs. How do you sell off parts of the defense to improve the offense and still remain good enough on that side of the ball to contend? How do you resign Allen Robinson? Why would you want Pace pulling the trigger on another qb? Can Pace be trusted to dynamite the thing and do a rebuild with Nagy? I think this is a huge mess.

Reactions: BWBW