NFL Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had this been a normal year, this game would have been played tonight or Monday night because of the Chicago Marathon, which has its start/finish line near Soldier Field. Bears are normally on the road this weekend or playing on one of those two nights if they're scheduled to play at home.

Bears up 14-13 at half. As bad as things looked early on, the two scores late in the half by the offense make things look a lot better. Defense making key stops to limit Brady and the Bucs offense to FGs in the first half.

I don't know if I'm more impressed with the Bears or less impressed with the Bucs.

(Or a lot more impressed with the Colts).

Even with Brady not having his full compliment of players on offense, you'll still take a win like this. First time the Bears have ever beat Brady. First 4-1 start since the 2012 season, Lovie's last year in charge.

I don't know if I'm more impressed with the Bears or less impressed with the Bucs.

tenor.gif

Bears probably shouldn’t have won. TB couldn’t end their drives and committed way too many penalties. All the toss up calls seemed to go the Bears’ way.

And yet that was an impressive win against a good team.

It took 20 years but the Bears have finally defeated Tom Brady.

Geezer Brady gone senile forgetting what down it was. You love to see it. 🤣

I don’t know what I think of this team

Defense has been weird, giving up big plays but holding to mostly field goals. they’ve only given up 2 touchdowns the last 2 games and those have been on short fields after turnovers.

Bears probably shouldn’t have won. TB couldn’t end their drives and committed way too many penalties. All the toss up calls seemed to go the Bears’ way.

And yet that was an impressive win against a good team.

I won't say they shouldn't have won because they made the stops they needed to make (and shot themselves in the foot less) in order to win. But it does feel like they are fortunate to win. I would bet at least 7 out of 10 times Tampa wins that game.

But you are what your record says you are and, shocked as I might be, the Bears are 4-1...not too bad.

Best win for the Bears to date. Foles with some good to great throws in the game. He just feels like an NFL QB. I still want about 15% more runs, a little more conservative play calling late, and maybe some better linebacker play, but hard to complain outside of that first quarter. Mack decided to show up to the season today, the secondary looked good, and the offense looked competent. Oh and our kicker won us that game.

Not to downplay this game, but I don't think this Bucs team is as good as previously advertise. That being said, they were missing a lot of talent last night.

The biggest play of the game was the overturn on Fuller’s devastating hit that caused the fumble right before the half. I’m honestly shocked they got together and reversed it, but it was the correct call so kudos to the refs on that. Textbook hit by Fuller and a welcome to the NFL moment for former Illini Keshawn Vaughn. Credit to Quinn also for having the presence of mind to pick up the ball.

Foles looked like he was possessed by Trubisky early on. The overthrow to Robinson for what would have been an easy first down and the throw to a wide open Mooney that was nowhere close were BAAAAAAAAAAAAD throws. However, Super Bowl MVP Nick showed up and dropped a beauty to Graham in the end zone (helped by the latter turning back the clock to 2013 and one-handing it) and the dime to Montgomery to set up the winning score.
All in all, he made the throws when it mattered most and Brady didn’t.

Alex Smith with his first action since his horrific injury.

I've been a fan of his since he was with San Francisco (they would have won the Super Bowl had he been the quarterback...)

Hope his day goes well.

Also, Kwiatkowski with his name called out numerous times during the Chiefs/Raiders game. Wish he was still on the Bears.

Dak suffered a really bad leg injury. For those who haven't seen it, his ankle was just turned the wrong way after he got taken down on a tackle. Think Gordon Hayward type injury.

Andy Dalton in at QB for the Cowboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.