NFL Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
These fans at the game in Denver today look familiar:

x9h34hp8iqp51.jpg

Bears-Colts is interesting this week in that both teams are off to good starts, but there’s legitimate questions as to whether either are really any good. Each teams’ opponents are a combined 1-8. The Bears haven’t exactly been hammering the inferior teams they’ve played. The Colts did cream the super-bad Jets and the shockingly dysfunctional-looking Vikings, but also loss to the supposed-to-be-bad Jags who just got rolled by the rebuilding Dolphins.

Of course, if the Bears win, how good they “really” are becomes a moot point until they get to the playoffs - which they’d be virtually assured of making - and have to win against good teams to advance.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Bears-Colts is interesting this week in that both teams are off to good starts, but there’s legitimate questions as to whether either are really any good. Each teams’ opponents are a combined 1-8. The Bears haven’t exactly been hammering the inferior teams they’ve played. The Colts did cream the super-bad Jets and the shockingly dysfunctional-looking Vikings, but also loss to the supposed-to-be-bad Jags who just got rolled by the rebuilding Dolphins.

Of course, if the Bears win, how good they “really” are becomes a moot point until they get to the playoffs - which they’d be virtually assured of making - and have to win against good teams to advance.
4-0 doesn't assure me of anything with this team.

My hope with foles as the quarterback is less 3 and outs and more accuracy on deep balls to truly stretch the defense. Two first downs per drive and 1-2 connected deep balls per half would be awesome.

The defense has been off and on but if we can get them more consistent rest I hope they’ll be able to tighten up.

Foles is the best QB on the roster--full stop. I personally believe the only reason Trubisky split time with the 1 team in the off season and started any games this season was in hopes of saving Pace's (and perhaps Nagy's) face.

That being said, the team is 3-0. They might have played 3 of the bottom 5 teams, but 3-0 regardless. Cohen is a loss, but like other's have said, better accuracy accross the board should make the offense that much better. I'd also like to see Montgomery given more simple run opertunities. I feel like the offense has 0 rythm, it feels like at any moment we could be staring down 3rd and 10. Run it more, and I think it relaxs the pressure on the QB to make big chunk throws.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Foles is the best QB on the roster--full stop. I personally believe the only reason Trubisky split time with the 1 team in the off season and started any games this season was in hopes of saving Pace's (and perhaps Nagy's) face.

That being said, the team is 3-0. They might have played 3 of the bottom 5 teams, but 3-0 regardless. Cohen is a loss, but like other's have said, better accuracy accross the board should make the offense that much better. I'd also like to see Montgomery given more simple run opertunities. I feel like the offense has 0 rythm, it feels like at any moment we could be staring down 3rd and 10. Run it more, and I think it relaxs the pressure on the QB to make big chunk throws.
I love a good running game. I am not a fan of the blitzing linebacker tackling Montgomery as he gets the hand off for a 3 yard loss. Seems to happen too often. Is that the play call, o-line, recognition by the qb/center?

Patriots-Chiefs moved to Monday at 6:05 PM CT with a full national broadcast on CBS. Falcons-Packers kick-off on Monday Night Football pushed back 30 minutes to 7:50 PM CT.

Smith stepped out of bounds right before catching that INT.

Not sure if it can be reviewed.

Edit: Oh his foot was still out of bounds so yeah, that definitely can be reviewed, and it was overturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.