NFL Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As certain as I am that Trubisky isn't the answer for this team, I'm equally as certain Foles isn't either.

Also, the run game is a disaster.

Also, also, Nagy is in over his head.

Last edited:
As certain as I am that Trubisky isn't the answer for this team, I'm equally as certain Foles isn't either.

I said at the beginning of the season that I didn’t think the Bears’ 2021 starting qb was on their roster. Nothing that’s happened so far this year has convinced me otherwise.

Even though I think there's virtually no chance that Nagy would do so willingly, he may need to give up play calling duties and have Bill Lazor call plays for the next couple weeks.

jmwillini

Tolono, IL
I know concussions are serious, but how can you pull a player from the game for concussion protocol, when you didn't call a penalty on the helmet to helmet hit that may have given him a concussion? Not that it would have made a difference in the game.

Last edited:

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
The Bears were completely outclassed at every level last night. As the season wears on, their inability to run the ball or stop the run will hamper their success. As we all feared, Foles is not a step up from Trubisky. He’s making some of the same poor throws that Trubisky has and his immobility behind a porous offensive line makes me think they might be better with MT out there. Nagy’s structure of the offense and play calling aren’t improving. The deep pitch to Patterson on fourth and one was ludicrous. So were the blocking schemes. With the personnel on offense and Nagy’s inability to call a good game I don’t see any reason to be optimistic that things will get better. This offense just doesn’t score points.

Nagy has HIS guy and his offense still sucks. Can't blame Mitch anymore. Who will he scapegoat now? How many more coaches will be sacrificed until everyone sees the real problem with the offense?

It's time to point the finger at the one constant in all of this: the false genius Matt Nagy.

His play calls are straight out of Tecmo Bowl. His love affair with Patterson and Harris, a kick returner and a blocking TE, being the focal point of the offense is baffling. Cole Kmet makes two plays early and then you don't hear from him the rest of the game. He removes his best red zone threat (Jimmy Graham, you know, the very same guy they signed for situations such as these) when they're driving to get back in the game.

The sad thing about the Patterson 4th and 1 is I saw it coming 10 miles away. If I could see it sitting on my couch, what do you think opposing defenses are thinking?

The one thing I’d say in Nagy’s defense is that he didn’t put together that offensive line. Six years into Pace’s tenure and it features a grand total of 1 Pace draft pick (Granted, Daniels, 2nd round 2018, is hurt.) and two un-drafted free agents.

illini80

Forgottonia
The one thing I’d say in Nagy’s defense is that he didn’t put together that offensive line. Six years into Pace’s tenure and it features a grand total of 1 Pace draft pick (Granted, Daniels, 2nd round 2018, is hurt.) and two un-drafted free agents.
I think that overall Pace has done a poor job. I’m ready to be done with him.

Last edited:

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Nagy has HIS guy and his offense still sucks. Can't blame Mitch anymore. Who will he scapegoat now? How many more coaches will be sacrificed until everyone sees the real problem with the offense?

It's time to point the finger at the one constant in all of this: the false genius Matt Nagy.

His play calls are straight out of Tecmo Bowl. His love affair with Patterson and Harris, a kick returner and a blocking TE, being the focal point of the offense is baffling. Cole Kmet makes two plays early and then you don't hear from him the rest of the game. He removes his best red zone threat (Jimmy Graham, you know, the very same guy they signed for situations such as these) when they're driving to get back in the game.

The sad thing about the Patterson 4th and 1 is I saw it coming 10 miles away. If I could see it sitting on my couch, what do you think opposing defenses are thinking?
I agree. I could call the running plays by formation. Also, yes, why does Patterson have the green light to run the ball out from 8 yards deep? What is the average starting position after one of his returns? I am guessing, less than the 25 yard line. Also, it opens the chance for a penalty on the return team. Catching at the goal line, fine, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.