Nicholls State beat Pitt (11/9 Games)

lstewart53x3

Scottsdale, Arizona
Gotta assume Pitt will come back & win this one.

But:

1.) Maybe Nicholls isn’t quite as bad as their preseason Kempom shows?

2.) Early season games like this can happen.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Announcer on Pitt-Nicholls game, "They played Illinoise tough." :cautious:

foby

Bonnaroo Land
This might be Nicholls' day. Pitt had cut it to 1, but now Nich up by 5 with 2:53 left, and the ball.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
67-59 Nicholls with 2:00 left

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Nicholls beats Pitt 75-70 at Pitt who beat FSU already. Makes the OT victory over them feel a little better.

Nicholls St is definitely not a high 200s Kenpom team... Someone did not correctly factor in the impact that McClanahan was going to have on this team. Sure, they're essentially a 6 man rotation but they play pretty decent defense. I would not be at all surprised if Nicholls St rode up the Kenpom rankings to ~150 (+/- 25).

Let's see how they match up with LSU next Saturday. If they give LSU a run for their money then I think our OT win is going to look quite a bit better.

the national

the Front Range
I think the OT win was good for our team. I don’t care about optics ealry, I want our guys challenged and get in shape as a team. Nicholls beating Pitt proves that it was a real test not just us playing poorly. (please note, I still wish we played better)

Nicholls St is definitely not a high 200s Kenpom team... Someone did not correctly factor in the impact that McClanahan was going to have on this team. Sure, they're essentially a 6 man rotation but they play pretty decent defense. I would not be at all surprised if Nicholls St rode up the Kenpom rankings to ~150 (+/- 25).

Let's see how they match up with LSU next Saturday. If they give LSU a run for their money then I think our OT win is going to look quite a bit better.

It's pretty much impossible to factor in a coach's impact on a team. But that's why advanced stats should be taken with a big grain of salt to start the season. They will become more accurate as the season goes on.

It's pretty much impossible to factor in a coach's impact on a team. But that's why advanced stats should be taken with a big grain of salt to start the season. They will become more accurate as the season goes on.

Not talking about the coach. Talking about the transfer player.

He's not the coach. He's their best player and a transfer from Savannah St. They've gone from 293 to 254 on Kenpom after these first two games.