Nnanna Egwu named to the B1G All-Defensive Team

Update-

[/QUOTE]

The all conference teams should get announced today if memory serves.

I'm guessing third team for Rice, honorable mention for Hill, and no all defensive team for Egwu.

My first team:

Kaminsky
Russell
Newbill
White
Dekker

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Dekker did much of anything to garner first or second-team. I'd actually go with:

Kaminsky
Russell
Wells
White
Dawson or Ferrell

Wells instead of Dekker makes a lot of sense, there's a reason they don't pay me the big bucks... :eek:

Did Rice miss too much of the B1G season to even make third team? I don't know how much the voters weigh individual's out of conference performance.

Wells instead of Dekker makes a lot of sense, there's a reason they don't pay me the big bucks... :eek:

Did Rice miss too much of the B1G season to even make third team? I don't know how much the voters weigh individual's out of conference performance.
RR only played in 9 B1G games.

Not that I disagree terribly with these decisions. Wishing Egwu could have worked in a defensive player award but we could tell it wasn't going to happen

Logan Square, Chicago
Ray is clearly better than most players on that list. Just wish he wouldn't have been injured :(

New York
Kaminsky and Russell are no brainers for first team - will almost certainly both be unanimous, with Kaminsky getting POY and Russell probably getting some votes.

White and Wells are both very likely first team.

I'd guess the last spot is Dawson, over Ferrell, just because of MSU's higher finish.

Trimble, Hammons, and Newbill are probably also locks for no less than second team.

I think Jake Layman probably gets third team.

They have to give Ray HM at least, no? He played half the season, but he played at a first or second team level.

Maybe a minority here, but not a big fan of Newbill.

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
Wells is very good, but Trimble is MD's best and most important player imo.
While I don't disagree with you, by that criteria the 1st team would likely be Frank Kaminsky + the top 4 PGs in the conference, just given the importance of the position.

Wells has been in beast mode almost all conference season, while Trimble has been more hit or miss. Trimble went back to back games at the end of January without a field goal, for example. Both are very good players and Trimble has the higher ceiling, but Wells was outstanding for Maryland in conference (injured much of the non-conference).

While I don't disagree with you, by that criteria the 1st team would likely be Frank Kaminsky + the top 4 PGs in the conference, just given the importance of the position.

Wells has been in beast mode almost all conference season, while Trimble has been more hit or miss. Trimble went back to back games at the end of January without a field goal, for example. Both are very good players and Trimble has the higher ceiling, but Wells was outstanding for Maryland in conference (injured much of the non-conference).
I figured they'd give it to Wells over Trimble because Wells is a swingman 2/3 and Trimble is a frosh. But, while Wells has been very good, Trimble makes that offense go. He leads the team in scoring, assists, steals and FTs.

Peoria via Denver via Ann Arbor via Albuquerque vi
Totally agree; Trimble is the better player over Wells. Also think he's better than Blackmon.
I definitely agree with this. Blackmon is good, but the pecking order of the big 3 freshmen in my mind is a very clearly defined: 1) Russell 2) Trimble 3) Blackmon

Washington, DC
How many conference games did Wells miss? If Rice is out because he missed nine...