Nnanna Egwu named to the B1G All-Defensive Team

my beef: bo Ryan as coach of the year? how does turgeon not get it- his first year in the conference and he places the twerps second, after much mediocrity the past years? it's a no brainer for me. Ryan had the cupboard stacked. he lost to Rutgers!!

Northbrook
Unrelated, but when I clicked through to the BTN "official online store" they are using the old "slant" Illinois logo. Can't even get the conference on board?

Bo did lose his PG. I know he had the forethought to make sure he had a very capable backup, but nevertheless.
True, but Koenig was a 4-star out of HS, a key rotation player last year and I think is better than Jackson anyway. I think they're a better team with Koenig at the 1. Plus, PG in the swing O with weapons galore to pass to is a nice gig. Their O isn't as reliant on quality traditional PG play (drive and kick, dish or finish) as offenses like ours. Turgeon took a group that was nearly brand new with so many new parts to it and got it to meld together pretty quickly even with a frosh PG who was considered a 2 guard or at best a combo guard out of HS.

True, but Koenig was a 4-star out of HS, a key rotation player last year and I think is better than Jackson anyway. I think they're a better team with Koenig at the 1. Plus, PG in the swing O with weapons galore to pass to is a nice gig. Their O isn't as reliant on quality traditional PG play (drive and kick, dish or finish) as offenses like ours. Turgeon took a group that was nearly brand new with so many new parts to it and got it to meld together pretty quickly even with a frosh PG who was considered a 2 guard or at best a combo guard out of HS.
I don't really disagree with anything you say. I just think Bo deserves credit for those aspects of his system. I would not have complained if Turgeon won either - I think they were both very deserving this year. I only point out that Bo was worthy IMO and this was not a major snub to Turgeon.