Notre Dame 76, Illinois 74 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin

:illinois:

Last edited:
Brutal games coming up. :( We’re playing hard (sometimes) and in a lot of these games, but I just fear things are really going to spin out of control with too many losses in a short time period like this.

Oh well.

Not sure where our D was but seemed like a record foul line streak for ND in 2d half. Less turnovers for our D. Is our pressure D from last year slipping?

westms77

Gilbert, AZ
2-5 is 2-5...4 losses to teams that were definitely beatable...better figure something out before we become the football team

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
So, primarily a 3-shooting team insists on driving to the hoop for Durham to block their shots for the entire 2nd half. Then, with a chance to win with a 3, they let the one guy who hasn't hit a thing all night take the shot. No comprende.

SuperMetroid

Evanston
As bad as we’ve played, we’re a couple of inches from having knocked off both Gonzaga and Notre Dame. How did that stay out? :faint::faint:

Why is Aaron Jordan not taking the last shot?

tenor.gif

+ team was cutting more and getting Giorgi involved and he answered, Jordan, helped carry them as he should, Williams was pure hustle and energy.

- Ayo out of control many times, not the CPL anymore Ayo, they are sometimes as good as you, Frazier? not sure if what is going on with him, off night I suppose, Kipper not the answer again, Feliz over penetrates ALOT...not Juco anymore Andre...stop and shoot a floater for crying out loud, bench?

Defensive pressure was not there against a team that we should have forced the ball away from guards...let Pflueger beat us, let Harvey beat us, don't let the guards beat us.....we are supposed to have the guards, tonight they did?

breadman

Herndon, VA
Would have liked to see Samba put in a few seconds playing against Durham. Heck, why not? He night have distracted him enough to miss one of his many blocked shots against us.

So, primarily a 3-shooting team insists on driving to the hoop for Durham to block their shots for the entire 2nd half. Then, with a chance to win with a 3, they let the one guy who hasn't hit a thing all night take the shot. No comprende.

Defense scheme's the parameter all night not allowing 3s. AJ is out, so they give their fastest guy the ball who has the most clutch shots on the team. I completely comprende.

Somebody brought this up in the game thread, but should they not be playing with some, you know, fire or something? Kipper in particular is brutal out there, and he's supposed to be a dependable upperclassman. He just doesn't seem to care.

What is the disconnect? I don't get it.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I can’t beliebe we’re complaining about our best player taking the last shot. Who cares if he’s been missing. It was a good look and every shot should be judged based on only that shot. He’s the best player. He should be the one shooting.