Ohio State 77, Illinois 61 POSTGAME

Admin

Last edited:
Bloomington
If anybody wants to have a rational discussion about the game sans vitriol-filled hate speech,PM me. I'd love nothing more.

Phoenix, AZ
Way to go Dan! This one deserves the Kool-Aid jug.

Fairfield, IL
I'm just getting tired of these second half letdowns. Finish strong. Don't be weak and lose footing.

I give up. Illinois will never be relevant in football or basketball again.

I have no idea what happened, but this athletics program is just cursed and nothing ever seems to change year after year. :( :( :(
It all starts with proven coaching hires...I still have hope however it is pretty infuriating at times.

I give up. Illinois will never be relevant in football or basketball again.

I have no idea what happened, but this athletics program is just cursed and nothing ever seems to change year after year. :( :( :(
I don't think it's that serious. We're fine.

Aaaaand the overreacting begins. Everyone here was hoping for us to go at least 2-3 in the first 5 games. That's still very doable. We can beat Maryland at home.

Couldn't see the game, box score says 36 turnovers, 18 each. Was it a poorly played game?

Recruiting Correspondent
Michigan
Our B1G schedule stinks this year, but we can stop the bleeding with a home win over Maryland. Have to get that one and then go from there.

Lombard
I pray Tacy can come back to form next year. We sure do miss him.

Aaaaand the overreacting begins. Everyone here was hoping for us to go at least 2-3 in the first 5 games. That's still very doable. We can beat Maryland at home.
What that has happened this season give you hope for a turnaround? If anything, the team seems to be going in the wrong direction quickly.

oklahoma city
Its still doable but i think Maryland will lay a thick knot on our head. They are stacked with talent they rebound and defend things we are not doing.

There is no personnel reason for why the Illini are losing like this. If it were personnel, someone would be beating the Illini from start to finish.

The Illini are mentally weak and don't respond well to other teams' adjustments. And they fold in the second half.

Yes, there is personnel that could make them better, but they're not losing over a lack of players or a lack of talent.

Agree 100%. Lots of time yet to get out of last place.

Bloomington
No overreaction here, but we won't beat Maryland at home. They're better than us at at least 3 of 5 positions. They're also tenacious and well coached.

We'd struggle with Maryland at our best, and we all know where the Illinois stand right now.

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
This trend of poor starts to the B1G season is becoming a John Groce trademark. Not good.

Panama City, Florida
When the schedule came out at the beginning of the year, how many people realistically believed that we would be 2-0?

Now, the manner we have lost these two games is another thing. However, 0-2 is 0-2...just need to correct things that we are doing wrong and settle down when things go wrong.

18 games is a long conference season...a lot is going to happen...

:chief: