Ohio State: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

Yes, it’s self-promotional. People want clicks. Got it. It’s true. You might be surprised how widespread that desire is.

I’m surprised this is revelatory, but again, I’m jaded.

Now, those who are no longer scandalized by this might watch the video and see players corroborating bizarre stories about Meyer at UF. That’s all. I’m sure there will be much back-and-forth, but there they are, each making some horrible claims that seem to sync with those of the others.

Make of it what you will. I think it’s as troubling as Tim Beckman’s reported behavior, and of interest to Illini fans given that Beckman claimed he learned much from Meyer.

But yes, indeed, the video guy wants clicks and fame.

Deleted member 631370

D
They have a long history of deceiving their interview subjects and editing video in a dishonest way to advance a predetermined narrative.

Which is to say that these allegations deserve further follow up by OSU investigators and/or journalists to find the truth, not to just be ignored, but certainly not to be taken at face value either.

Exactly.

I wouldn't discount this new evidence, but by no means is this necessarily the coup de grace.

Frankly, I think there's probably enough to terminate Meyer as it stands now, but I still don't think it'll happen.

FWIW, I do think it will happen. Just a guess. Completely agree, though, that the current allegations are enough.

Just ask any Die Hard fan of Florida what they think of Urban Meyer- Your answer awaits.

The other difference with MSU, let's be honest, is that MSU is scared of what a post-Dantonio world looks like. OSU believes themselves, not without some justification, to be a juggernaut no matter who is coaching.

In basketball I think MSU would care more. I think they would/have protected Izzo and I’ve not heard great things about that situation.I’ve heard the AD tried to throw dantonio under the bus and Dantonio showed his cards.

KBLEE

Montgomery, IL
Restaurant chain Bob Evans suspends partnership with Urban Meyer

The Ohio-based chain Bob Evans Restaurants has suspended its short-lived partnership with Urban Meyer and removed all references to the embattled Ohio State coach from its website just days after announcing an endorsement deal that called the Meyer the chain’s “head breakfast coach.”

“At Bob Evans Restaurants, we believe strongly in the family first values upon which the company was founded,” according to a statement provided to USA TODAY Sports.

“We are suspending the current partnership with Urban Meyer and removing all related content pending the results of the official Ohio State University investigation.”

The video is of actual players making the comments. Why does the messenger matter, unless we just want to register our political opinions? Yes, this is the same outfit that caught Planned Parenthood on video. Not sure why relevant...?

Even if it’s a video from a random YouTuber, who cares? Those are former players for Meyer, on camera. And the stories are as disturbing as Simon’s.

That video reads like a media awareness test.

If you watch a video of Sean Hannity [or insert partisan hack of your choice], do you think there's any chance of getting the truth?
Same thing here. I'm not going to say the video is good or bad, but simply that relying on click-bait journalism is no way to establish what happened.

Also, for virtually any given workplace, you can find people with bad stories of their management, or how things were handled poorly. I think elite college football is going to have far more extreme stories than I would as a desk jockey.

Btw, don't take this as a defense of Meyer, because I expect he pushes athletes very hard. All I'm suggesting is that the video is almost certainly intended to be sensational and generate clicks, rather than get to the truth.

Deleted member 631370

D
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...eyer-says-failed-media-day-dealing-zach-smith

The implications here are really interesting. Because he's essentially saying "I knew about it, I reported it, and I misspoke during the B1G media day when asked about it".

So if indeed he properly reported this back in 2015, why did OSU put him on admin leave to investigate?

Clearly something doesn't add up. And I'm pretty confident it's because he's a liar.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...eyer-says-failed-media-day-dealing-zach-smith

The implications here are really interesting. Because he's essentially saying "I knew about it, I reported it, and I misspoke during the B1G media day when asked about it".

So if indeed he properly reported this back in 2015, why did OSU put him on admin leave to investigate?

Clearly something doesn't add up. And I'm pretty confident it's because he's a liar.

Also, if this is true then he knew about it, reported it, and then kept a spouse abusing coach on his staff for 3 years?

Deleted member 631370

D
Also, if this is true then he knew about it, reported it, and then kept a spouse abusing coach on his staff for 3 years?

Exactly.

This statement is really bizarre. Because it raises a whole new set of questions -- if he reported it, why didn't Ohio State do anything about it? Why did he continue to keep this guy on this staff? Why did he lie about it during the media day?

This sounds like an attempt to boost his legal case in the event of termination on the Title IX grounds. "I did report it, thus, I did not breach my contract".

I see a suspension, followed up by sweeping this under the rug. Winning cures all ills.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Yet somehow, in all of this, Illinois gets burned.

"Few coaches lie in bed at night dreaming of roaming the sideline at Kansas, Illinois or East Carolina. And those aren’t the caliber of jobs that get the agents and search firm industry too giddy, either."
tumblr_msuttiVyEz1sak6zeo1_400.gif

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/college-footballs-75-million-message-no-coach-safe-195605184.html

westms77

Gilbert, AZ

Deleted member 11196

D